Terraria Community Forums

Leinfors
Leinfors
Wouldn't that mean that you've been doing pretty poorly so far though? Getting low grades on your first few assignments isn't a good sign, and it gets harder and harder to bring it up as you go.
zeskorion
zeskorion
Some kids who accel academically have issues with "icebreaker" assignments
Cheerio
Cheerio
It's the tests that kill us though. It's not me personally, but even if we do well in the class early on, we can still get bad test grades. Our effort isn't reflected in some document, and given time we can improve, but some of my friends' parents are so anal about grades that is really pisses me off. There's a reason to be upset about D's and F's, but not C's. Not right now.
zeskorion
zeskorion
Parents sometimes choose not to remember when they were kids. They hold their children to impossibly high standards due to fear that they may become the embodiment of the millenial stereotype
Leinfors
Leinfors
IDK, I seem to recall the earliest assignments being the easier ones. My grades always started decent/high and dropped through the semester, not the other way around. I'd be more concerned with starting off really poorly than anything else.
zeskorion
zeskorion
Summer "review" tests. Meant to see what you forgot, they can detriment you if you did forget
Leinfors
Leinfors
Never had too many of those, except one on Walden Pond, and everyone failed (derp).
zeskorion
zeskorion
I wish adults would not be so grounded in their perspectives. They always seem to refuse to look at it from another's eyes
Leinfors
Leinfors
There is some irony inherent in that statement; it suggests not seeing from the eyes of the parent who may have reasons to have their perspectives. ;)

Not that I necessarily agree with the original sentiment of the post. I hate school, so the idea of being punished over it sounds like overkill.
stormconure
stormconure
Especially if said classes will have nothing to do with my career.
I have a c in both english and history because I didn't understand the teachers' expectations. Not to mention they didnt tell me said expectations until AFTER the test. And since I'm going into physics in college, I dont think those classes matter as much as my mom thinks. Shes literally freaking out.
Leinfors
Leinfors
GPA, depending on where you are going and what stage of school you are in, will have a impact regardless of whether the classes were relevant or not.

Definitely hurt me pretty bad, even though the classes I sucked in were German and Math, and I was going into Psychology. I think those classes may matter more to the Admissions Department than you think.
Leinfors
Leinfors
With that said, at least a C is a passing grade at your level.

In my undergrad, D was considered a failing grade, and in my graduate program, C was a failing grade.

You could only get As or Bs; if you got a C, you failed. If you got more than like, 4 Bs in the entire curriculum, they kicked you out of the program. You also immediately failed if you missed more than 2 days of school, no excuses. o_o
stormconure
stormconure
Wow... Thats harsh.
Back
Top Bottom