652Graystripe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Decided to explain why I made the choices I did concerning my Sand Elemental tweak suggestion. (continued)
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    That gives the mechs an influence over the game even past their defeat, but perhaps too much of one. I get sick of farming them, you know. That's because their items tend to hold entire sections of the game behind them, such as with the summoners. That problem doesn't arise with my Sand Elemental tweak because it's just gear.
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    The second is the Paladin, which - though effective in a different way - is a bit of a poor choice to start out with. Though it's likely that a player will fight a Paladin multiple times, especially if they want the gear, that's false longevity perpetuated by RNG.
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    With this method, the Sand Elemental maintains relevance throughout the game without excessive grinding or any massive progression being barred. To boot, she also comes into her own as a real entity, separate from the Ice Golem palette swap. There are those who might pledge themselves to symmetry, but I feel that the game gets more interesting like this.
    Thanks for listening.
    We here at Me Enterprises are exhausted from two recent suggestions that required quite a bit of preparation. But we're also proud of 'em.
    I endorse the Onyx Blaster entirely. It turns enemies into Rorschach tests. It violates the very laws of bodily order. So good. So fun.
    Reactions: neoselket
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    Swiffer stock has gone through the roof since I started using it. Through some feat of dark magic, it can be used to snipe bats out of the air. I killed Plantera with it and frost armor. It's easy to get and a straight upgrade. God damnit, what more do you want?!
    I'm working on a project that uses community input to determine the viability of all the game's weapons, for the sake of everyone. Takers?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I think @Ami was already doing something similar?
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    Huh, didn't know that. I'll look around.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    In the PC General forums I think... "___ weapon day ___" threads where she gets everybody's opinions on each weapon.
    ZNDhoXw.png
    A tiny spoiler for a potential project. It may or may not take full shape.
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    Don't get your hopes up - it's literally concept art of a potential element of a potential suggestion, truncated at the waist.
    A quick post on why the "redundancy argument" (you don't have to use it) is fallacious. (to be continued)
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    I'll toss this in as an afterthought: Terraria isn't very multiplayer/PvP centric, so weapons don't matter as much in relation to other players, but for the very vocal PvP community, it makes sense to keep things roughly balanced.
    Aesir
    Aesir
    That argument is akin to the people who shrug off criticism towards their work with excuses such as "you don't have to watch/read/listen to it."
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    Yep, exactly.
    I hope I'm not the only one who feels that biome alternates are much less needed than they once were. Now they're mostly eye candy.
    Yuyutsu
    Yuyutsu
    Definitely. Mini-biomes should certainly be abundant, and places like the Underground or Ocean certainly allows a few to be implemented.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    The underworld is pretty barren too, nothing but the same ash, lava and towers for the whole thing (except the edges which lack towers)
    Yuyutsu
    Yuyutsu
    The most barren places would have to be:
    -Purity overworld/underground
    -Hell
    -The Ocean
    -Underground Ice (except for cabins it's pretty boring)
    I prefer mini-biomes because there can be a lot of variety, and you can go crazy with multiple ideas.
    The problem with violent video games isn't that they cause mass shootings or 9/11, it's that parents don't get educated about them.
    652Graystripe
    652Graystripe
    With education comes the ability to make intelligent decisions, and thus, an educated parent can decide what games their kid plays. Even if it's just reading the ratings, I'd like a little more parent interactivity. Hell, they can find a game they like, too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom