Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
Sounds cool! Though I would have to ask, I've never heard of "Dragon Blossom" before... is that, like a game or an anime or something?
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia It's my game. I had been at it for 3 years and am looking to complete it around two more years so yeah. I don't compose nor code but I do pixelart/write/plan game mechanics and such.
Xylia
Xylia
Oooh, cool. What sort of game is it, then? Always wanted to make a game myself but never had the skills/resources to do it. Lots of ideas in my head, no way to transfer em to anywhere else.
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia Action-Adventure platformer with some RPG elements. Something like the Megaman Zero series in terms of that but you have your Donkey Kong and other influences mixed in it.
Xylia
Xylia
Cool. I rather like those. Is it something akin to Metroidvania, then? Where you got 2D-sidescrolling maps to explore, you collect equipment, get levelups and such? Or is it a bit more lean on the RPG elements and more on the sidescrolling platform action, something akin to Freedom Planet?
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia 50-50. The sprites and environments are kinda influenced from FP's own if you look closely (well next to other games).
Xylia
Xylia
Ahh. *nods* I've always been wishing that more people would make side-scrollers with RPG elements... not enough of them around, lol. There's Valdis Story, but parts of that game are blasphemous so I don't really play that.
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia Super Paper Mario did strike my fancy but I believed the Megaman Zero series is a better reference.. and yeah. FP is more of a sidescroller than what I am working on even though FP2 looks to have some RPG elements involved so yeah.
Xylia
Xylia
There's a FP2? I did not know that. Huh. I've never played Megaman Zero, might have to youtube that sometime for reference.
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia Well, it's been announced like last year and yeah, I would recommend looking into the Megaman Zero series. It's pretty intriguing.
Xylia
Xylia
Probably console games, I'm assuming? If it's past the PS1, I won't be able to play it, because my PC doesn't seem to like PS2 emulators. I get fine FPS out of it, but the emu itself will crash randomly, and I'd hate to mess around with something that could crash at any time.
Arkenova
Arkenova
@Xylia The Megaman Zero series are GBA titles.
Back
Top Bottom