Terraria Community Forums

Bluegreen
Bluegreen
horse armor

what do you mean that wasn't skyrim
Ori
Ori
I'm afraid that's windows 10 exclusive DLC, I should have been more specific.
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
Well they each have their own benefits. Throwing mind control spiders at enemies does get my attention through.

Why do you ask?
XenoCat
XenoCat
DLC or mod?
Ori
Ori
Paid DLC
XenoCat
XenoCat
Out of the three, Hearthfire is the least exciting, but fun to mess with. Dragonborn and Dawnguard are both REALLY fun, though. I'd have to say Dragonborn is the top one, though.
Bluegreen
Bluegreen
nerrrrrd
darthmorf
darthmorf
Dragonborn seems to add more stuff, but dawnguard is pretty cool. If you buy all three before the 28th you'll get the ultimate edition free, so I'd recommend picking them all up if you can.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I've had most fun with Dawnguard.
Xylia
Xylia
So many people underrate Hearthfire. Seriously. You can buy a plot of land for 5,000 that is customizable, and larger than the 25,000 house you buy that is located deep in Solitude. The Greenhouse area allows you to grow several of the rarest plants in the game (you need to find one first tho).
Xylia
Xylia
And you got your own smelter and forge without having to travel to a town to make use of one (and there'll never be an NPC using it that you gotta wait for), and the storage space in these houses is just ridiculous, lol. Also, Riverwatch (I think that's the name of the one in the southern area) has a ridiculously awesome view from the roof.
XenoCat
XenoCat
It's not that Hearthfire is bad, by any means, it's just not as exciting.
darthmorf
darthmorf
The thing is, it's just not as good as any of the nice player home mods I use. There are some really great ones out there themed for different characters that are 10x better than the hearthfire house, and look nicer.
Xylia
Xylia
That's assuming the person is willing to download mods, though. And with Hearthfire, you can get a LOT of blacksmithing levelups if you do it early-game, making all of those nails and hinges really adds up. You probably end up with Lv30+ blacksmithing (maybe more...) by the time you finish a house. All using cheap iron.
darthmorf
darthmorf
That's true, however, Skyrim with mods makes the game a lot better IMO, and last longer too. but I guess it's personal preference.
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
Personally I don't like using mods too much. Granted I installed a few to fix bugs and things I consider to be errors. Dead thrall only working on people? Stupid. Dead thralls equipping steel armor instead of the heavily enchanted armor I gave them? Very stupid.
LoveSpreader
LoveSpreader
Ore veins giving you one ore after three swings? Stupid.
No vanity slots? Stupid.
All the spells except lightning/thunder bolt sucks? Stupid.
Only 2 crossbow variations? Stupid.
Vampire perks grow stronger as you.... don't eat... goddamn, why did they even...
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
I can't tell if you're making fun of me or adding on to my point. Thank you?

You're right though. Those are some stupid things.
LoveSpreader
LoveSpreader
Hey, those are perfectly valid reasons as to why my PC walks around in an invisible Daedric Armor.
Xylia
Xylia
The ore vein thing makes sense if you think about it. When you mine IRL, unless you're dealing with a huge connected vein of ore, you probably don't want to ram your pick right into the ore, because you'll break it apart into a lot of little pieces. Instead, you'd want to dig around it and take the whole lump if possible.
Back
Top Bottom