Terraria Community Forums

Plaguerion
Plaguerion
Just before, I read how several people in a refugee camp in the netherlands went out of their camp despite "being grounded" after causing trouble beforehand.

WHY IS NOBODY DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THESE THINGS, WHY ARE THEY STILL IN THESE COUNTRIES?
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
I don't think anyone really knows how to handle refugees.
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
Honestly, if talking about the type of refugees that actively go out of their way, and break laws, harass and rape girls, and in general just be horrible human beings, or those that throw their passports away KNOWING the system only works when you have a passport, allowing them absolute freedom to do whatever they please
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
Showing that they do not care about anyone or anything in the country they want to go to, why should the country care about them? If they don't want to play by the rules, then :red: the rules, put them on a plane and fly them back. It'd be cheaper than hunting them down 1 by 1 should they radicalise in their religion
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
1. Because they are difficult to track down.
2. Because they have to be given a trial first.
3. Because there are very strict European guidelines about sending back refugees.
4. Because certain countries are not cooperating when it comes to sending back refugees.
5. Because a large amount of refugees come from war zones.

There's a lot more nuance to it than just putting them on a plane and have done with it.
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
I'm talking about those that are proven guilty of crime, and those who already had their request for asylum in their country denied/came here illegally without a passport/a false passport, the whole refugee system in general seems beyond :red:ed
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
Also, these very strict european guidelines don't make any sense to me, personally, seeing what happened to france and germany.. And honestly, everyone knows the countries where all these "bad apples" come from aren't taking them back if you ask them.. so why ask?
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Because simply dropping truckloads of refugees in another country's territory is illegal, just like dropping them in countries like Syria where it's unsafe is (not technically illegal, but against the international agreements).
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
So you're saying all these people that legally do not belong here are simply Europe's problem now? If that's the case I can already smell the moment in time where larger groups of people decide they'll have to solve it if the government cannot
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
That's exactly what I'm saying. Is that fair? No. Should that be the case? Absolutely not. But the world isn't fair. And that's exactly the reason there are refugees.
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
It just seems like something that could have been avoided so, so very easily as I've said before
all these refugees seeking "safety" yet passing so many countries where they found exactly what they were looking for
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
That's because smugglers advocate the West European countries like the UK as paradises where there is enough work and wealth to go around, which is a large facet of the problem. If we could shut down the whole smuggling ring then we'd solve a significant part of the problem. Unfortunately these rings operate in countries that aren't exactly stable, and in which the EU isn't free to intervene.
Back
Top Bottom