Terraria Community Forums

YoshiGator
YoshiGator
They are stress relievers for some people. I dont know what I would do without them, life would be 70% more boring.
zanderr3910
zanderr3910
the other 30% is memes
Bezixx
Bezixx
Games usually don't make you violent ( except some very specific people who become aggressive after taking PC from them ), it's television and society that does it more.
Aesir
Aesir
The stigma of a new medium producing negative societal responses isn't new. In fact, it probably happens since time imemorium. Ever since the brothers Grimm's story tales such a thing happened. Violence is related to much more nuanced sources and causes, but nuance is hard. It's easier to pinpoint an escape goat and call it a day. Sadly, that solves nothing.
YoshiGator
YoshiGator
That and a lot people who watch TV are like sheep, they just go with the info presented and dont question it.
LoveSpreader
LoveSpreader
You know, I'd have almost no reason to rip girls from limb to limb if I have games where I can rip girls from limb to limb.
Aesir
Aesir
In fact, one would think that with games with death tolls so high as call of duty, you'd expect noticeable changes in the murder statistics, however, no trend has been noticed. Indeed, quite the opposite. There seems to be an inversely proportional ratio if anything at all. One thing that has been noticed, however, is the correlation about high murder statistics with new drug laws.
Canito
Canito
I heard IQ levels rose quicker during the 90's. Infact, they have taught us very valuable lessons about life, like perma death and there is no second chance for every thing.
Back
Top Bottom