Terraria Community Forums

Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Considering that all games are based off of subtle cliches from a distant progenitor, it is likely the first one.
H
Hax4Ever
Trust me, people have tried.. *cough* No man's sky
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
The reason why No Man's sky turned into :red:e was because it was poor in gameplay. Everything was honestly dull.
If you build a castle in terraria it would look like you went to town on it and split it in half with a giant chainsaw, if you enter a building in minecraft, you get a lot better depth and a much better look.
And that's what no man's sky lacked among things. Depth. It was bland.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
A pumpkin moon event or a boss fight in terraria would be even more awesome if it was in third or first person. At least then your char wouldn't be turning his arm into a bladed windmill to kill their foes.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
You could call it terraria but with a third/first person compatibility
CometStreakTheDragon
CometStreakTheDragon
I think spore was the one who did it better when comparing to no mans sky
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
Terraria and minecraft have 2 main differences
1. lack of depth in one.
2. minecraft is physics based, terraria is item and boss based.
if they were to merge, the world would have a game that everybody would complain about, just because its amazing.
CometStreakTheDragon
CometStreakTheDragon
Not always, terraria has physics.
yes, all games have *SOME* physics, minecraft is heavily physics based.
CometStreakTheDragon
CometStreakTheDragon
terraria has better minecart physics, but Lets not argue to the point of mods coming
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Minecraft is physics based.
To be fair, we've all seen our bunch of floating islands and whatnot.
Plus the sand in it is the same in both games.
Sand, silt and slush all operate the same as gravel and sand.
It's essentially the same.
my m8's, you have not dealt with the full physics of minecraft, if you realized how much effort was put into EVERY SINGLE BLOCK to make it unique, it would make your head spin.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
And?
Terraria also puts a fair degree of uniqueness into it's materials as well.
So what exactly makes it different?
terraria in comparison has a very poor physics engine, I'm sorry red, it works for terraria and gives it uniqueness, but for any other game, no, and seriously, there are no physics blocks in terraria that minecraft doesn't have, but minecraft just improves on them, sorry for seeming like I'm hating on my m8 red.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
To be fair, I doubt he'd mind.
And do you mean graphics?
graphics wise they are both pretty good, if you take into account that what they look like is just a style and not by any means the best they can look.
CometStreakTheDragon
CometStreakTheDragon
Somebody's gonna mention starbound's silt
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Well it's just my personal opinion here, but I feel that terraria would possess a lot more promise than it does already if it was 3D.
I mean, killing things in pursuit of the storyline is good, but when it comes to adventure maps or role plays or stuff like that, the game makes it a little superficial to say the least.
terraria's water physics and items, minecraft's other physics, items, and depth, you've got the best game on the planet.
Back
Top Bottom