E X P A N S I O N P A C K
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
ok good, I've seen 1 too many sexy temmie pictures. -_-
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
i don't remember who's the last one that ended just as a body sketch. :T
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Looks like a lineup of the more well-known forum artists and their respective OCs to me.

It's impressive, but nothing too interesting to be candid, considering the fact that we've all seen multiple variations of them multiple times already.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
@Commander Crocket An artist taking the time to draw another artist's character is a sign of respect and/or admiration. This is not an expression of artistic skill as much as it's just Rariaz being nice.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Well, it's the same people receiving respect and admiration each time, then.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
That's what we call friendship. :)
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Not when it's overdone, though. It's not done by any one person specifically, so I'm not singling anybody out, but it's still a thing.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
There's a point where respect and admiration wear thin; the people on the receiving end become desensitized to it, and come to expect it as standard, to the point of feeling entitled to it.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
I would say that depends strongly on the person. Furthermore, I can see that applying to verbal praise, but a drawing takes effort. It's not something that you can start to expect from admirers, let alone take for granted.

Trust me when I say that a lot of artists suffer from an inferiority complex. Admiration is seldom one-way.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
I'm not saying that the drawing itself is sub-par, quite the opposite. What I do object to, however, is seeing art of the same few people each time. It's just stale, since there's very little actual variety aside from the art style and direction, which isn't saying much, considering that these already vary from person to person.
MiltVala
MiltVala
It was a damn shame it got corrupted but guess it all worked out in the end eh? I enjoyed watching you work on it Rariaz, glad to see it's back!
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Something I completely forgot to ask, by the way, is who the sketched construction lines were supposed to become (or maybe still will be ;) ).
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
It could be anyone, but my money's on it being the OC of another well-known artist, one that's either female, has a female OC, or both.
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
hmmm, i see another pair of animal ears there, idk who could actually be, or it's a ribbon of some sort :p
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
crocket, stop being butthurt you don't get free art
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
czzAf86S1D-6.png
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Whatever, man. It was just a heads up, but if y'all are going to take it as an opportunity to harp on me, well, that's on you. Not exactly the best use of your time, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Joey-Tribianni-Shrug-Friends.gif
Midnight Moonlight
Midnight Moonlight
Well, like, you know, man, I'm not gonna go around on a random artist's drawing just to comment on the fact that my character's not there. Like if I see art for someone I'll just go like "oh that's pretty good art I hope to see more from this person" I don't just go like "why are you drawing things for [name] when you could be drawing Liz or JoJo or any of my other characters. I deserve free art more than they do."
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
well, as far i can say i not saying nothing bad against @Commander Crocket and the image i comment was just for fun, sorry for making it look like the oppposite
(ps: can we stop rariaz' and others alert feed from this?) :(
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
I didn't say anything about my character not being there, nor did I whine about said character not being drawn. People are just making a note of cherry-picking what I had to say.

But yes, we should probably leave it at that.
Back
Top Bottom