Greenie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok well now that I've spent a good few hours with BotW, time for some thoughts about the game.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    Of course I was joking earlier about how Nintendo "out Bethesda'd Bethesda", it really does feel like a really, really solid open world game. Haven't gotten any quests besides the main one yet, but I can tell it's going to be yet another one of those games where I almost never do the main quest because the exploration is so much better.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    And thankfully, it's not just another game where there's a huge open world with a bunch of the same stuff in it, and because of your need to always get new supplies, even raiding small camps seems to be rewarding. Also, I like how it's not afraid to be a bit difficult at times and not hold your hand through everything. It's a nice change for Nintendo.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    Oh, and the story/setting I also really like. Not going to say anything since important details are given even within the first few hours of the game, but it's good.
    Looks like Nintendo out Bethesda'd Bethesda.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    It definitely isn't flawless, but the only big flaw I've seen so far was the download and install time, and that's just due to the size of the game. I also don't completely like the fact that music is almost entirely atmospheric so the game gets pretty quiet, but that's just personal preference.
    YoshiGator
    YoshiGator
    I am a Nintendo fan and alot of people who rated it are but some people try to be unbiased since its always fair to not just praise it just cause its Nintendo I mean just look at what they did to the Paper Mario franchise and the community is in big favor of its roots. This looks like a Zelda that took a huge risk in not making it a Zelda game yet retaining some of its elements while making the experience worthwhile.
    YoshiGator
    YoshiGator
    Its not just because it wear the LoZ title why people are loving it, its since for most people it truly lived up to what it tried to do. Its worst flaw is perfomance can studder at random areas, yes durability sounds bad but some games have workarounds and its impossible to know unless you try it, but spending nearly 400$ is optional and may not be a safe bet to doing so.
    Tfw Legend of Zelda BotW is going to have DAY ONE DLC
    e0e.jpg
    Greenie
    Greenie
    I don't think it's even a selling tactic, that'd be if they said there would be free content updates after release. This is just another cashgrab attempt, and more than likely the only thing the DLC will do is just unlock stuff that's already in the game but behind a paywall. That's how a lot of day one DLC is handled anyways.

If anything, this just gives me a new reason to hate how Nintendo is being run these days.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    I once heard a justification for day one DLC being that most games have to be "completed" some time before they can actually be released, and so developers continue to work on that game during that time. They still have to be paid though, so whatever they make becomes paid DLC (if not then the devs would just move on to the next project and there'd be no DLC at all).
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    ...That said, it still probably wasn't a good idea to do this with Breath of the Wild. It's basicly the Switch's biggest launch title, and the last thing Nintendo needs is for that game to sell worse because the DLC was seen as a cash-grab.
    So no joke, I don't think I've seen the forums as active as they've been today for a really long time. And all it took was a few penguins.
    How about giving some attention to one of my other characters for a change?
    I673daK.png
    Greenie
    Greenie
    Not all of them, it just so happens that the green ones get the most attention and are the ones I like the most. Why, do you have a problem with their designs?
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    the designs are good, not very fond of the color green, its more of a personal grudge against green.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    Oh, ok. I mean I don't get having a grudge against a color, but I'll trust that you have your reasons.
    Although looking back at this, I probably should update Greenlia's design here so she's a bit more desaturated.
    sXPjtv8.png
    Even more Emerald. Oddly enough, this was originally supposed to just be lineart practice.
    Greenie
    Greenie
    Also side note, I decided while making this that my Emerald's designation is facet 2F7G, cut 8S3. Just a random bit of info I guess, but it's a bit more character building.
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    Yes. Gears. youcanneverhavetoomuchgearsyoucanneverhavetoomuchgearsyoucanneverhavetoomuchgearsyoucanneverhavetoomuchgearsyoucanneverhavetoomuchgears
    Why Greenie shouldn't be trusted with drawing supplies: Exhibit A
    J55SOM2.png
    Apparently it's (unofficially) Twintails Day over in Japan, so I decided to make a thing
    gvhi2np.png
    Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    hey, atleast is not that "virgin killer" sweater thing..
    Greenie
    Greenie
    I don't think I would even be able to post a virgin killer sweater image here. That goes against at least like...3 of the rules here.

Also just to clarify the "I AM LITERALLY THE WORST" part isn't because I'm SU trash, it's more because Emerald is supposed to basically be me. So just like me, she's literally the worst.
    YoshiGator
    YoshiGator
    Okey, thanks for clarifying.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom