Leinfors
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi again. Sorry for being a major pain in the butt lately, but is my format of reporting item name errors okay, or does it need changes so that it can be understood better by the translating team? There are ~3500 items remaining, so I want to be sure I don't mess that up.
    Hello! There is a fix needed for Russian item modifiers that (potentially) requires developers' attention. Simply put, "Modifier Item" needs to be "Item (Modif.)" instead. I will eventually write down fixes needed in the thread. Just wanted to make sure development team is okay with this.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Prefixes are a tricky situation, and we discussed it at length internally. Even in English, prefixes don't always follow perfect grammatical rules. To this extent, we basically acknowledged the fact that prefixes aren't always going to make 100% sense in the languages of choice.

You are welcome to leave your feedback in the thread, but I can't approve/deny it myself, and I can't promise it will be implemented.
    H
    Human
    So, is it difficult to implement differently for different languages, or is it the problem of prefixes not always making sense? If it's the latter, putting Russian prefixes after the item name, encasing them in brackets and abbreviating them will actually work 100% perfectly for all items. If it's the former instead, I understand.
    H
    Human
    Moreover, Skyrim's Russian translation did this as well.
    I love your profile picture.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Thank you, it loves you too. The chicken, that is.

The child is just hate and scorn.
    Hello once again! I want to ask something: are we allowed to suggest translation changes based on community consensus? The translation for all instances of "Corruption" in particular: the official one is "Порча" and the widely accepted one is "Искажение". Both are correct in this case.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    You can, as long as you provide all the necessary information. Remember, this feedback is being relayed to a team which doesn't necessarily play Terraria. They need to be able to understand which item string you are talking about with as much information as possible. :)

Screenshots are just useful in general, I find.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    Just to hook in on that, is my method (supplying the actual key values and files they're from) acceptable or would you really prefer screenshots?
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    As long as enough information is provided that everyone involved can figure out the string involved, it should be fine.

I recommended screenshots because that's an option available to everyone, both tech savvy or not. Mentioning more technically complex alternatives would have just been confusing to the majority of people.
    Reactions: Arkhayla and FlyKip
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Protip: Yoraiz0r's Scowl goes really well with my hat.

But personally, I don't use the hat most of the time, I'm more of a "beautiful hair" type.
    Miku Hatsune
    Miku Hatsune
    i wish someone added some new cute hairs.... *stares at hairs which looks like bush of grapes* i really don't want to make some noises but game needs them *hides* if you started about it....
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    What kind of hair did you have in mind? "Cute" is pretty subjective!
    Had to open 1600 treasure bags just to get a set of wings that wasn't prefixed. The 8 sets that came before it didn't meet that standard. On the other hand, I won't have to buy shampoo for awhile.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    I would want it. If you get a bad prefix, you could get rid of it without the possibility of getting an even worse one.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    I'm sure it would have a notable cost for the sake of the guarantee. :(
    FairyPrincessSerenity
    FairyPrincessSerenity
    It would benefit mapmakers more than the standard player, for sure. (Well, there is the thing where you could scrub a bad prefix.) Me? I have a private vault world where I store one of everything in the game, and one chest each for every block type. All weapons, armor sets, and accessories must be bald.
    Greetings. Sorry if I should ask someone else about it, but is it possible for a developer to provide a full list of text strings so that issues with translations can be resolved much easier? Thank you.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    I'll have to relay that to the people in charge, it may be a tall order. I've been over those strings myself during the translation process, and its huge. I'll let you know if anything presents itself. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom