Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yaaay! I just cleared my very first raid in an MMO that wasn't a tourist/easymode version and it was actually relevant/current content!
    So the SNES Mini was announced and hey. They somehow managed to do a worse job than they did with the NES! lol. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Especially not when these games are already developed and done, and have already been sold multiple times... and it takes very little work to make them available for new systems... why do they feel they should get $20 for almost no work put in? What they didn't make enough money the first several times they sold it?
    YoshiGator
    YoshiGator
    Unless it depends on location I remember RBY was 10$ and at least for me was worth getting since you can transfer pokemon from that game to gen 7 which was something impossible to do past gen 3.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I should have clarified, I meant the GBA remasters of the Gen1s. And I think that $10 for a GBA game is still a bit steep, especially digital download. An actual physical cart, sure. There's materials involved in making that. And if I looked hard enough I bet I could find a cart of that for $10 or similar.
    Is it just me, or are Steam Sales pretty lackluster? Sad when 75% of the games shown on front page are not even on sale.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh, I see. Yeah, the impulse things didn't make much sense to b ehonest, kinda better this way but I wantedto make sure!
    Tunnel King
    Tunnel King
    If you look at any store page for a game, it will say the price is good until July 5. So, Terraria is at 50% the entire sale, won't change.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nodnods* cool! hehe. I'll have to actually explore later when the servers are not being bombed by users lol.
    FFXIV Stormblood is only 6.1GB. Huh. Smaller than expected. I'll have half of that downloaded before I leave for my 2nd shift at work today.
    It's not hard to identify a feminist -- they take extreme and unreasonable reactions to any sort of opposition whatsoever (cont)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. I see. But yes, for the record, I am 100% behind gender equality. I believe men and women should be treated as equals in society. I do not, however, believe in sexism against men and it annoys me highly when I see that being condoned, yet when a man is sexist against a woman, he's evil, a demon, etc.
    Ninomancer
    Ninomancer
    Alot of women see radical feminism as stupid and feeble too. You're not alone.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I'm glad to hear that... it gives me some hope for society in general.
    So after seeing a few YT videos on it, I'm going to once again actually make a serious attempt at trying to play TES3: Morrowind (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. That might explain it some. It probably crashes a lot more on Win7+ computers.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    My sister's been playing it on Win7 no problem.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    With or without stuff like bugfix patches etc?
    Yanno, if I ever get proud and/or arrogant to the point I start looking down my nose at everybody else who is not as skilled as I... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Now, before anybody jumps to conclusions, I am not singling out any specific mod or anything... a particular conversation caused me to post the original status, but I've since come to an understanding with the person who caused me to write my original post here,
    Xylia
    Xylia
    however much of what I've said in this "thread" applies to other mods, and sometimes even other games, so I feel it is still valid even if the original reason this was started no longer is. Whew, think I'm done, lol. They really could increase the character count for replies to a status.
    ПYX
    ПYX
    but im better in typing noob :p jk
    Fishing 2.0 (the mod) + @imkSushi 's amnesia potion = MUCH better fishing experience.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Thanks for being one of few people willing to go on about their mod exploits without them being in the context of troubleshooting.

I think the modding side would benefit from more statuses like these once in a while, but a radish person can dream.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I figured I'd let people know how awesome fishing is if you mod the game, lol.

and also, it might give Re-Logic a few ideas as to how to improve the fishing system. If the receive lots of positive feedback about mods like the ones I mentioned, they might go "hmm, maybe fishing could be improved in this way" and add/change something similar.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Then again, mods are instrumental to Terraria updates over the years.
    Has tmodloader and/or calamity been updated for terraria 1.3.5 yet? Was kinda curious to try it, but dunno if it was fixed yet.
    Gearzoid II
    Gearzoid II
    Ok :P . Anyways if you change your mind here's the link to the download: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nods* Thanks! Might look at it might not dunno yet lol.
    Gearzoid II
    Gearzoid II
    No problem!
    Arrgh. What happened to computer cases these days? I just want... a box... that has the PSU on the bottom, and the 3.5s NOT turned (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So... my mom mentioned that her computer was making "a grinding racket" when she turned it on and wanted me to take a look at it. So, I pull the panel off, and I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/VBIDC7R.jpg

And I'm like "GAH!" The problem was an easy enough fix, cord hitting fan blades... but I was like "I gotta tear this thing apart or you're not gonna have a computer much longer."
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So I ordered replacement fans for all the case fans and a replacement CPU cooler... because fans that have caked on dust are almost impossible to clean.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Holy crap.
    I was reading some of your posts on a forum. Man, you're good at providing the facts to argue other posts.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Eh. I just say what comes to mind, lol. Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth, and other times... I don't. hehe. But one thing I try not to do, is beat around the bush.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    But thanks for the compliment anyways!
    So I finally got my lazy butt around to trying Seiken Densetsu 3, and...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    sometimes they refuse to swing at all and they'll take this weird pose after a swing that prevents you from moving (so you get hit even more times). I can't seem to make much rhyme or reason out of when a character will swing when you press the button and when they won't. Also, hit detection seems really weird.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Sometimes I'll swing at something right beside me and just whiff air... but sometimes enemies can hit me from 5 feet away. I would have to say that so far, the battle system is a step down from Secret of Mana... at least SoM, it was very predictable and easy to learn what you could and couldn't do.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Would also help if your characters didn't move at crawl speed during battle, giving you nil chance to actually dodge anything unless you were already magically moving in the correct direction before the enemy even started to attack.
    Youtubers (the content creators) suck sometimes. Take for instance, the Yooka-Laylee reviews I've seen. Seriously, guys... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's like "There's a chest over there!" "Why are you doing THAT!? You could do THIS instead!" etc etc. lol. But that's a personal fault, not theirs.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Same here. All I have so far I read in other places.
    Gearzoid II
    Gearzoid II
    I thought PB&Jeffs look at the game was good. They didn't complain or I didn't notice any complaints from them while playing. They sounded like they were having a good time while playing.
    Yay! I found a re-balanced ROM of 7th Saga. Been wanting to try this version, since I don't have time to do the normal version, lol.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I kept trying to patch, but every time I did, the game would crash upon the first kill. Finally found an already patched ROM that actually works, lol.
    So I tried that Eternia Crystal thing again... and having an XP system mod (terraria leveled) really helps make it more fun!
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It gives quite a substantial amount of XP, even the normal mode clears, so having more rewards out of it really helps it seem more fun. That and I need something to do while I wait to get the Golden Fishing Rod, so hey. Cool.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Though I think I'm definitely going to go with loads of jester arrows and just mow whole packs of goblins down, lol. A sword worked... but eh. I think the arrows would be easier.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Glad hearing that!
    It's been a long, long while since you got art, so here you go. Also,
    I felt bad I didn't give you something, so that's a consideration. Enjoy. `:)
    Swiss_Chard.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom