The Great Orange
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• May I ask why you hate Steam?
    The Great Orange
    The Great Orange
    Because it invalidates the concept of owning something. If I pay for something on Steam, I can't use it without their ok (ie steam has to run in the background). They can even seize it back if they feel like it. Yet I can't take back my money from them if they do so. The balance of power is so slanted, it can't really even be considered commerce.
    excession
    excession
    I see what you mean, but steam is pretty fair about how it handles that kind of power. I haven't seen them exercise this slant unjustly, or do anything unfair. They have a great policy on that kind of thing, and even though I've had Stream for around 7 years, I've never had any problem with them.

I know this status is old, I just wanted to add my input.
    The Great Orange
    The Great Orange
    I know most people never have problems with Steam, but to me, the mere fact that Steam wields uncontested power in the arrangement is simply unacceptable.

It also doesn't help that they seem to have zero interest in managing their own service, and will allow people to sell games that are so bad as to be considered fraud. Watch some of Jim Sterling's videos on YouTube, it's unbelievable.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom