Terraria Community Forums

Jill
Jill
Well, it has been really. A few people aren't feeling too great on a personal level, which is understandable. Some're angered by foolish mod decisions in the recent past. Others're instead a bit irritated by the general lack of news and activity (game and forum-wise); when people're bored with there being not much to be said, they're more likely to express something grumpy.
Jill
Jill
The content creation community has also dwindled quite some over the past year or so, there's still a handful of heroes producing for TCF's behalf but that's a minority compared to what you'd see back then. Our brilliant artists, writers and builders always did a lot for cheering people up, so with less of that to clap eyes upon the forums are well, less colourful.
WingedOracle
WingedOracle
i'm afraid of this place becoming similar to a community that i left a couple years ago. said community had tons of drama, and people were being harassed 24/7.
Almighty bobbit worm
Almighty bobbit worm
It's simple, were facing a mass extinction event of the forums
FlyKip
FlyKip
What community?
Ori
Ori
There used to be more drama, albeit a more active userbase. The golden days seem to appear with hype for big updates or games. I suspect it will somewhat return to this state when otherworld is becoming more solid and having its finish line visible in the nearby distance. Though I think little will be able to compare to this forum during the 1.3 hype days
WingedOracle
WingedOracle
i'd rather not say. also in that same community, a lot of people were harassing someone who was suffering from depression.
Almighty bobbit worm
Almighty bobbit worm
sounds like the mc forums
Ori
Ori
actually terraria 2 may work now that I think about it
Jill
Jill
I don't think the situation's that critical yet, Oracle, and I doubt it ever would reach that level. Perhaps the main problem in that regard is that some of the people who're supposed to protect us from harassment, and formerly did a good job of that all things considered, have graduated to being the harassers themselves.
WingedOracle
WingedOracle
people would also make fun of others for having autism in that community if i remember right.
Jill
Jill
Frankly if everyone excercised a little more patience, a little more restraint before pressing the enter key, and... just grabbed some common sense and chilled out, we'd be fine. Not like that's impossible or even that unlikely, and I don't think anyone involved is so stubborn they're willing to drive TCF into the wall for spite.
WingedOracle
WingedOracle
and it makes things worse for me since i'm trying to find my place in this world and online without any obstacles.
Jill
Jill
Nobody's going to tolerate straight-up hate speech, for certain.
Jill
Jill
Hmm, well dang, I am sorry to hear that. There is good and bad to everything, so sometimes you have to ride out the rough as well as the smooth. What sort of things are you interested in, though? Art, or writing or anything like that, perhaps?
Jill
Jill
It's always fun to hone a skill, and this is a good place to do that. Even if not, nothing saying us lot can't have just a normal conversation for once (tbf, it seems like quite some time since that last happened but I guess this forum is kinda a specific community), whatever that's about.
WingedOracle
WingedOracle
it's just, i want to find somewhere where no one is mean.
Jill
Jill
I... don't think such a place exists. Not a place bigger than maybe a dozen folks, anyways. There's always gonna be a minority of dbags. And really, we also need quite tough-talking people around to promote debate, even if it is disagreement. I honestly don't think a community where members never had a disagreement would be a particularly fun or interesting place, actually.
Back
Top Bottom