Terraria Community Forums

ChaoticFlame 多情
ChaoticFlame 多情
They slash at you and eventually sever your arms, yet you keep fighting, jabbing them with your stumps of bone, no matter how bleak your chances of winning are, letting the adrenaline flow through you and driven by sheer human determination.
Doylee
Doylee
I would not compare it as such.

Depression works on a case by case basis, and cannot be simplified to a situation as such. There are different types of depression caused by different sources creating different reactions. So I do not feign understanding when someone is afflicted by such a condition, nor do I act like I know how to handle it or describe it.
ChaoticFlame 多情
ChaoticFlame 多情
That's true, but I'm not exactly elaborating to that extent, I'm just expressing the overall difficulty in which to assist someone through said complications
Aesir
Aesir
They also manifest in different ways. Some depressed people aren't the stereotypical sadbois and sadgurls, some are pretty cheery on the outside, others don't feel sadness but just feel emptiness, others, like myself when I was depressed, felt anger instead. It really depends on the person.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
I really want to stress that good intentions don't necessarily lead to good result. Performing CPR on someone without properly knowing how to can actually make matters worse instead of better. The same goes for depression: over the past few days I've seen quite a few (different) people say stock 'helpful' things that are infamously counterproductive.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
No matter how good your intentions or how obliged you feel to help, if you are not trained to deal with depression, you can do more harm than good. It's always good to listen, but it's not always good to speak. Please keep that in mind.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
It helps to know exactly how they're feeling but that's typically only achieved if you have depression, too. But it helps.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
The big issue with us is a lot of the time, even though we absolutely hate our depression, we don't want anything to change. For one person, maybe they've been depressed for so long, they're comfortable with it in a way. For others, they may think that it's just not possible and it's pointless to try. It's extremely difficult to see past depression and look at a possible good future.
Back
Top Bottom