Terraria Community Forums

Myu
Myu
wait
wait

is this half life 3? kinda?
Ori
Ori
Half life 2 episode 3 is believed to be different from half life 3 as they would focus on different story aspects. People just want any of them to be released so that we can tie up the loose ends of half life 2
Ori
Ori
the story for the episode was released by former half life writer mark laidlaw but with names corrupted and genders swapped probably to avoid legal issues with valve
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Well that's a cop out.
So much for Half Life having a true conclusion.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
th646zotyak32idgwkj2.jpg
this is basically the last paragraph's actual meaning

this is pretty much a confirmation that the game isn't coming, or any game really (except artifact)
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
I don't see how it's a 'cop out', Laidlaw left Valve some time ago. If anything, it seems like he's making an attempt to bring some closure to the story in the only way available to him.
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
There's no way to force Valve to do anything they don't want to, even if you work there. It's a privately-held company, so there isn't any shareholder pressure to bring to bear. Ten years later, they moved on - for whatever reasons - and we probably should as well. There's really little evidence that this is the story that would have been the released Ep3, it's just one person's view.
Ori
Ori
I think I'm going to stay hopeful until there's an official statement from Valve, even if it's likely it won't happen.
I just wish Valve would be more transparent
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
What I'm referring to is the fact that as we all know, a sequel to Hl2 is so far in development hell it's practically the devil.
And then after a while we only get what Marc laid out.
It's a cop out in the fact that after everything, it ends not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Of course I could be wrong and Hl3 or Ep3 may release eventually, but frankly the way that things are going, with no real news whatsoever for years now, it's awfully looking that way to me.
Personal opinion of course.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
i think they are transparent as they can possibly be
valve clearly isn't interested in making games anymore, they only try to make as much money as they can at the moment, and it shows
from constantly adding those stupid cases/crates/whatever full of cosmetic items to their games, to their most recent announcement of their new cashgrab they call a game, it couldn't be less obvious
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
As long as they don't :red: up tf2 beyond all recognition I'll pay em.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
cant :red: tf2 up if you dont update it ever am i right
Ori
Ori
I just wish they would make an official statement about the current situation of half life. They did recently say that they are not leaving half life of the table for new titles but they would likely be spinoffs of the already existing games.
Ori
Ori
I wish they would say "It's not happening, stop asking.", "It's in development, stop asking." or "We don't really know what to do with the franchise at the moment and we're not making much progress. Best to forget about it for now." instead of what they are currently doing by neither denying or confirming anything.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
It's likely they're doing this in an attempt to not back themselves into a corner.
Say no, and part of the fanbase giving you oh so lovely cash is lost.
Say yes, and they will be waiting for something that may never come due to low manpower, funds, or simple lack of dedication, affecting their reputation badly.
Plus the fan base will never be quiet if it is confirmed to be still going.
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
I just think Valve finds it amusing that so many people still care about a 10+-yr-old game so much, they just sit back and watch. There is no benefit to them for people to stop asking.
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
I actually find Mark's story compelling and fulfilling, and more than a whimper. I don't see it as 'this is what Valve started and failed to complete'. We don't actually know anything about what they did or how far they got, beyond apocryphal tales.
Back
Top Bottom