Terraria Community Forums

Daikonradish
Daikonradish
There's plenty to do around as we wait!

For a PC player like myself, we had roughly the same wait for 1.3 since 1.2 overall. It's not as bad as you think. The length ensures the solidarity of the update at hand and the devs have to reach out to the console players and the quirks they face that others haven't before.

It wouldn't hurt; that's normal. At least, I think it is.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Can't say I didn't see all of this coming,though, but that's just me being a cynical Brit. :)
The Solar God
The Solar God
Ah yes, I just feel that maybe they should be quicker otherwise this update will continue to feel like it’ll never come.
The Solar God
The Solar God
Well I did see a q4 release coming but it sounds a lot like a November release to me rather than an early October one which is what bugs me the most
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
At least you got hope for them and that's what matters.
The Solar God
The Solar God
True, but I have little hope left to cling on
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
If you think they can do better, than we should expect the same for Terrarians like you.

No one side's at fault; everyone's got some room for improvement.
The Solar God
The Solar God
Yes this is true, when you start to grow impatient your desire to get the update now overrides the quality first philosophy
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
The community should be there for the community, and that includes everybody like you and me.
The Solar God
The Solar God
I know that but all I wanted from the devs was this update and then that should keep me satisfied for a long time so when the update you want the most is the one that gets delayed more you get annoyed and lose faith. Waiting 2 years to finally get to a time when the update may release for console was bad enough.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
I don't think it's fair when the Terrarians detest the delay while they get off scot-free with most actions serving as their "contriubtion" to the community at hand.

Everyone, whether they are developer or player, should do their part and actively participate in it.

The players should converse amongst themselves. There are many venues for that purpose.
The Solar God
The Solar God
Well not everyone is going to like the decisions companies make. They want a high quality game but I already see an update that has lots of potential and is ready to be released. Quality is nothing if the update never gets released. I get what you’re saying but
I see the pc players enjoying this and I really want it. It feels like I’ll never get it
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Yeah, the wait must be pretty grueling, but it's best that others can find something different to do around here besides lurk, wait for news, and get disappointed.

Forum friends can ensue after a short while!
The Solar God
The Solar God
Yes. I get mad about the delay but it isn’t that bad since a play lots of other games. Every time a go on terraria it makes me feel like I need 1.3 already. When I go on the forums I need to consider finding other places to go. It’s fine because most of the time I don’t think about the delay. Talking about the update makes me happy and keeps the hype going
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
It's better to have it in a positive light than negative. You're making a strong effort here; others should follow suit.
The Solar God
The Solar God
You see I try to be positive but when it goes on too long it can be hard. I often watch 1.3 videos but that just makes me want the update more. The teasers that pipeworks give us are entertaining but mean nothing other than that. That can’t hype us up because by now I basically know everything that’s coming to the update. I have other games so that’ll do for now
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Of course, and they can possibly be misleading as per the norm of trailers. My main concern on TCF these days is seeing people engage in social functions on site, which explains my distaste on those disappointed with the latest news with my "solution" on how it can get prevented.
The Solar God
The Solar God
It’s annoying but this news is better than me asking why the update isn’t out yet in a couple weeks because I know now and I’ve been doing this “solution” without realising. You really aren’t disappointed most of the time
Back
Top Bottom