Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So it's been 7 months since Pipeworks took over T:OW... kinda curious of anything ever came of that. I'm not expecting a release date (cont)
    Reactions: FlyKip
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ....or anything, but some news would be nice if they're making any progress whatsoever. Been kinda silent on that front, to be honest...
    [Okami] Slowly but surely they are releasing the older classics on PC.
    Doylee
    Doylee
    Dude if they put a GameCube/GameBoy emulator on the Switch they are going to be swimming in so much cash they might just drown. However, who knows. There might be trademark issues on how that sort of stuff may work in Japan or not, but that's just a theory.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Welp, either way, either they release it and let us pay for it, or we'll emulate it. Nintendo is very outspoken against emulation, but their answer to that is to have you buy the same game over and over and over again for each console they release.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Uh, no thanks. It doesn't work like that, not when the free option exists. I'll pay if it is reasonable to do so. Re-buying the same content for each new console is not reasonable. They could easily set up E-Shop so that it remembers what you've bought and what you haven't, but they choose not to.
    I hate it when crap just updates without asking you if you want to update. Now I'm sitting here without NoScript thanks to a (cont)
    Reactions: Lunatic Lobbyist
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I was one of the lucky ones who clicked the "X" button instead of the "No Thanks" when GWX popups were a thing. Apparently some coder at Microsuk forgot about the "X" button to close windows, lol.
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    You're right about everything of course -- not some, but ALL mandatory software updates as the bane of my existence.. Although (and I know I'm VERY late to this) on most of these programs and OS's you can fully disable updates, and all your headaches will be gone.
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    I still use old un-updated Firefox 25 for some things. And I've fully disabled updates on Windows 10 -- yes it IS possible after taking extensive measures (among disabling about half of the damn OS's functionality, nearly all its bloat, and spyware), and it runs like a dream.
    [BoF1] Gotta love it when developers do an oops and let you have endgame armor a 3rd of the way through the game lol.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Basically long story short, there's a series of locked doors in an early-game dungeon, but once you get the thief you can open them. There's no real reason to come here until way later in the game, and at the very top of the tower there are two statues. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Checking each statue will reward you with a very powerful item -- 2nd best armor for the hero, and a very powerful weapon for the thief. Said statues give no indication that they give items when checked, though, so you kinda have to just know they're there. But if you do know, these two items are quite OP for that part of the game.
    Finally! Fin-freaking-ally. That stupid Anzu bird finally dropped his #*$^$(%*%ing mount.
    Myu
    Myu
    kind of unrelated but TIL there's a tcf member named ing.
    If anybody is ever thinking about suicide... please, don't. Boss's daughter killed herself on Sat (just found out today) (cont)
    K
    Krasunir
    "Passing on the pain to others" is very similar to "it's not just about you, it's also about everybody else around you", because it's talking about the people that are affected by the victim's suicide.
    You never said it, but it's kind of implied that it detracts from the person who is having the problems in the first place.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    I'm inclined to agree with Krasunir. It is exactly about the person committing suicide, and trying to prevent people from ending their own suffering (which for them is so bad it warrants death) through arguments like "think of other people" is exactly the wrong angle to tackle such a situation: very bluntly put, it's nothing more than emotional blackmail.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    Apologies if I sound heated, but saying the wrong things to a suicidal person is actually counterproductive, whatever your intentions may be. I definitely agree with you about contacting helplines (because those people are trained professionals), but if you truly want to help, then listening is far, far more important than saying your bit.
    So, started a playthrough after a long hiatus... and now I'm reminded of one of my biggest beefs against the game:
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, I do enjoy the info I get from most of the accessories, though I don't care about DPS or current Speed usually... I usually watch the moonphase to know when to plan picking my deathweed (because I oftentimes forget to check) and knowing when to set a night aside to farm for Moon Charm until I get one. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Weather, I need to know when to stop what I'm doing for Rain if I want frost wings or nimbus rod in a playthrough, so that's rather useful, and the fishing power... well depends on whether or not I took time to set up fishing pools pre-hardmode or not lol. but still... it consolidates everything down into one item, and the extra inventory space is always incredibly valuable.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah I could get a money trough or carry a piggybank around on me, but I hate having to shuffle items around constantly when I'm picking them up and again when I get back to town. It's annoying and its tedious.
    Protip: If someone pulls out in front of you coming from your right, swerve RIGHT, not LEFT. (cont)
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Assuming you're in the USA, if you swerve left, you're heading into oncoming traffic and you and the guy you're trying to avoid are going to smash noses together. If you swerve right, you can try to go offroad, or if you also slam on your breaks and go hard-right, you could try to make an impromptu turn-off onto the road he came out of. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    You might clip his rear end, but that's better than your nose into his nose and it is certainly better than eating an oncoming car's grille for lunch.
    So.. decided to revive my 2-year-inactive WoW account... logged on to find out that everything dies in 3-5 seconds. Oi. (cont)
    Reactions: Ghostly!
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Maybe in a fighting game (because it makes you unpredictable), but in an MMO... that's completely different, lol.
    Ghostly!
    Ghostly!
    WoW changed a lot , for the better I say, some say the worse
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Like anything else, ups and downs. I could name you 5 changes I found that are awesome, but I could also name you 5 changes I think absolutely suck, a more "why did they do this!?!?" type thing.
    Apparently, some utterly despicable people in Texas are scalping water and food in Houston. *sigh* How low can people get!?
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Umm... on average about six feet, but more than a few outliers can get much much further.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Yeah, some people are :red:s. I've heard of people doing that kind of thing, but I don't think we've actually come across any.
    Qui Devorat
    Qui Devorat
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

As we see in Houston.
    SECRET. OF. MANA. *squeee* Though... sadly... I am on the fence about the "Improved Gameplay", worried they will change it too much.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Also not a fan of their usual huge kindergartner level font that they like to use. Seriously, I am not a 5 year old. I am perfectly fine with reading smaller, more tighter fonts like in the original game.
    Mihn
    Mihn
    Now if they can improve the dumbass AI...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Meh, I usually set them to stay away, and defend... and just solo'd the whole game myself other than telling the other two to cast spells occasionally. *shrug* But at least the AI for the dog in Evermore was better.
    Dunno what is *wrong* with my sleeping lately... couldn't sleep at all tonight, not even tired whatsoever. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I normally average 5-6 hours per day and I'm usually OK with that, but tonight and 2 nights ago, I laid in bed staring at the ceiling or the clock until like 3AM and I had absolutely no urge to sleep at all and easily got through the day without it 'cept with a minor headache that was easily gotten rid of.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Didn't take any extra caffeine and only had like a 1-hour "nap" (didn't fall asleep) yesterday. Went to bed early (11PM) slept for like 2 hours... woke up around 1:30 in the morning and waited until 2:30+ and said 'screw it' and got back on the computer lol.
    Wow the freaking LAG is real... are we getting DDoS'd or something?
    Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    Lag? TCF is running ok for me
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Seems to be running at a good speed on my end. Is TCF the only site that is lagging for you, or are there other sites as well?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's not lagging now but last night it was pretty bad, and yes from what I could tell, it was the only site that was lagging, everything else loaded fine. Ah well.
    Blah. I hate seeing profile posts that do not allow you to comment. I woulda dropped a like and offered support, but (cont)
    Qui Devorat
    Qui Devorat
    Well there's that I suppose.
    I usually leave em because I get the feeling that if you try to talk to a shut-in they'll tell ye to piss off.
    But I guess that's just me.
    Supeh Mario
    Supeh Mario
    depends on who you're talking to
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's not that I *can't* support them, it's just I do not agree with their decision to prevent people from commenting on stuff they say on the front page. I find it annoying, so I choose not to leave likes.
    My $500 Ryzen3 budget PC blows my 5-year old $900 tower out of the water, which was/is stronger than a PS4, lol.
    Treesmasher
    Treesmasher
    Outdated stuff tends to be blown away by stuff like that. Makes me wish I could upgrade to something better from my 2012 laptop.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, see, thing is... what does a PS4 (or even the "pro") go for again? $300? 400? Something like that? I built a $500 computer that is stronger than the 5 year old computer that is stronger than said PS4. So, when you drop that kind of money on a PS4... you are getting vastly inferior and wholly obsolete hardware, it's actually a ripoff.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Nearly as bad of a ripoff as Macs (you can buy a comparable PC for half the price).
    The Popcorn moments always happen while I'm not around. Blaaah, lol. But then it is usually the same thing over and over again:
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It might seem harsh and draconic... but then, it is meant to be. Sometimes, an example needs to be made to get people to stop acting like this. TCF should not be toxic like that.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    But then, I feel I should elaborate some personal background: I used to visit MMO-Champion forums.... which are a slimepit of toxicity nearly as bad as LoL. I don't want to see THAT kind of BS here. It's refreshing to see the moderators are willing to lay down the hammer to hinder that kind of vile disgusting growth here.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Happiness (fun) should be a super high priority first and foremost.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    I plan on it!
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Could never understand why Spoony Bard became a meme, but yet this didn't (or at least nowhere near as famous) because both are incredibly corny lines. I get they had to censor death, and they couldn't have him say "I'll kill you all" but surely "I'll defeat you all" would have worked?
    Gah! The anticipation is killing me lol. Commissioned a very good artist, very nice price ($20) too. Waiting to hear back from them.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    It's great oming across great artists online once in a while.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I found this one artist a long time ago and I really liked his art... well apparently this guy's wife also does great art and I've never seen her gallery and she's the one offering great prices because she needs to pay some bills lol. He reposted her journal on his site and that's how I found it.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Sounds pretty great!
    *reads a guide on how to fix the AT2600 game, "ET"* *wonders what I'm doing with my life..*
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, for one, it was the first open exploration game, it was one of the first games to have a title screen, if not the first. It had a beginning and an end (which most games at the time did not), and the "bugs" it has are easily fixed with a few hex edits. The guy who made the game was under ludicrous time constraints so give them a break lol.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    Title screens date as far back as coin-op arcade machines, and open exploration and linear gameplay were already used by Adventure back in 1979.

I'm aware the developer had only five weeks to create the game, and given the circumstances, he did reasonably well, but that doesn't justify how bad it was, which Atari learned the hard way. If anything, it exemplified everything wrong with the game industry at the time.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, my main point is that it did several things that, okay, fine, *few* games did. Still. Once you fix the worst bugs in the game, it is actually a very reasonable game. Much better than before.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom