Terraria Community Forums

MegaMage314 🌳
MegaMage314 🌳
"What do you mean you don't have the textbook? it's been 8 weeks."

I'm sorry I wasn't willing to drop $150 on the first day of class for three textbooks that we probably only needed for two days each.
Rastriavis
Rastriavis
I must be a college textbook
Architect
Architect
Comes with free mold inside
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
Why do we need books anyway? we have the key to almost everything humanity has done in the palm of our hand.
Xylia
Xylia
Textbooks are purely for the colleges to rip you off, to squeeze more money out of you. They know that all of this junk can be found on the internet or in PDFs... but they want to charge you hundreds of dollars ontop of everything else you pay for.
Xylia
Xylia
And the government can't figure out why secondary education is so poor in the USA... maybe they need to step in and lay down some rules, because free market is only destroying itself with its inane endless greed.
Xylia
Xylia
Other countries that are less "free" and more regulated have better healthcare and education systems.... go figure. When you take the greed and free market out, stuff suddenly actually works.
Yeah, it has better heathcare, but have you seen the taxes?
Matsu
Matsu
It varies a lot by major, but I for get consistent use out of textbooks each and every semester. It also helps to just buy used copies and sell them back if your school has that sort of program, I do it every semester and get about 90% of my money back.
Xylia
Xylia
Given that 99.9% of all people have phones, and that a textbook is more expensive than a phone or even a small tablet, I really cannot understand why schools insist on staying with books. It would be cheaper for everybody involved -- student included -- to use entirely digital media that's infinitely downloadable.
Back
Top Bottom