Terraria Community Forums

SnailsAttack
SnailsAttack
i like most of the christian ethics and social beliefs and i think that those are good, but i'm not sure about there being an all-powerful god that constantly judges our every actions as reinforcement to our morals
Xylia
Xylia
According to the Bible, He doesn't "constantly" judge your every action. You will get judged once, and it has nothing to do with your morals. It's one of the things I find most sad -- there's a lot of misunderstanding and misconception that's taught, that turns people away from Him.
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
Less like a judge, and more like a supportive father.
Xylia
Xylia
Now, @SnailsAttack , if you're curious, I could elaborate in PMs or something but I don't wanna flood someone's message wall with theology or anything like that.
Especially since Hypalaser is a very... proud? Aethiest.
Xylia
Xylia
Well, Atheist or not, I'm not gonna flood anybody's wall with such material, it's just not proper.
Hypalaser
Hypalaser
holy moly my alerts

what do you mean by "proud"

yes im an atheist
Xylia
Xylia
He probably meant something more the lines of "staunch" or perhaps "openly".
That sounds about right.
SnailsAttack
SnailsAttack
@Xylia I'm not too curious to be honest. I think I've gotten my ethics and beliefs to a pretty grounded state.
Myu
Myu
well its the 19th today. i will be disappointed if i dont die
Hypalaser
Hypalaser
i didnt even believe this poop i bet theyre just gonna say its the week after tomorrow after this
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Nibiru?
What The :red: Even Is A Nibiru?
Xylia
Xylia
Nibiru is a planet that people claim exist (that I've not seen any proof of) somewhere in the solar system but yet is mysteriously invisible (they will tell you that it's always behind one of the other planets). I'm a Christian myself, but I can't say that I agree with or believe a lot of these doomsayers.
Xylia
Xylia
If a planet was supposed to collide with the Earth and stuff, you'd think it would, you know, say this in the Bible? But it doesn't. It mentions a meteorite, not a planet. lol.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
It Even Contradicts Itself.
"The World Will End This Sunday As Mysterious Planet Nibiru Triggers Natural Disasters On Earth."
"Nibiru Was Predicted To Collide With Earth"
THAT'S NOT A NATURAL DISASTER IT'S A :red:ING GIANT METEOR TELLING US TO GO :red: OURSELVES
Xylia
Xylia
Eh... if a large meteorite did collide with Earth, it would do damage itself, and it would also cause a lot of weather pattern changes, dust could block out the sunlight which would cause plants to wither which would damage the ecosystem, etc. The disaster would then cause other natural disasters to happen, like tipping over dominoes.
Xylia
Xylia
So, *technically* they aren't *wrong* per se. But still, this gets predicted like every other month, so.... ya. Not seen any proof yet that there's some planet that will just zip on by for no real reason because somebody thinks it's a convenient date to predict the end of the world, despite claiming to follow a Book that says nothing about that kind of disaster.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Still, If A FREAKING OTHER PLANET Hit Us, Pretty Sure There Wouldn't Be A Natural Disaster, It'd Just Be "Hey There Was A Planet There But Now It's Gone."
Xylia
Xylia
Well, some people claim that Nibiru (if it exists) wouldn't collide, per se, but fly close to Earth. Now, there IS some science that if a planet buzzed by us, it would cause huge changes in the weather on Earth. But you see, what some of these people do is that they will take this information... (cont)
Back
Top Bottom