Terraria Community Forums

aWolfen
aWolfen
don't you see
the truly depressed use a smile as a cover
Xylia
Xylia
True.. tears of a clown and all. And seriously, SOME of the vault boy images in FO3 and FO:NV (dunno about FO4 yet) are downright creepy. Nobody should have that kind of smile when murdering people, or blowing people up, or holding severed heads.
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
some depressed people are very good actors.

they do it so those around them don't worry about them, because they think they aren't worth being worried about.
aWolfen
aWolfen
[insert DDLC character who hung herself here]
Myu
Myu
@Agastya I do that. I feign happiness and always say "I'm alright". It's kind of a habit I can't shake off.
Xylia
Xylia
Japanese culture has a lot of that... "honor in quiet suffering" I think is the English phrase usually used for translation. and I will admit that there are times that I simply kept my problems to myself because nobody wants to hear about it.
Myu
Myu
It's probably better that way. Worrying people isn't another thing I/we need to cope with
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
its not really fair to anyone, really.

you're told to keep your problems bottled up, told nobody cares, told "i'm not atlas" and you feel cold and alone, but really.. that's just not how the world works.

there are people that care. the hard part is finding them.
aWolfen
aWolfen
you could be like me/jetstream
who memes about their mental sicknesses ironically until somebody realizes we actually need help
Myu
Myu
Tbh memeing about mental illness is seriously not funny but i can try
aWolfen
aWolfen
myu don't do it it takes a lot of willpower and self-preservation
Myu
Myu
Yeah :red: that. I'm just gonna be an :red: instead
Xylia
Xylia
I try to care about people, but yet I am inexperienced in helping people as I am socially awkward to begin with, and I have my own problems... so I oftentimes don't know what to say or do for somebody, but that sure doesn't stop me from wishing I could help people.
Xylia
Xylia
I just wish I didn't suck at it so bad, and I wish I had words that people want to hear... the words I have, nobody wants to hear because I'm a Christian and so very few people believe these days. Being a Christian, I so desperately want to help people... but nobody wants my help.
Myu
Myu
Having a mental illness that leaves you incapable of showing empathy makes caring super damn hard
Xylia
Xylia
Not everybody can be a giver. If everybody was a giver, then nothing could be given at all, as nobody would be taking. Everybody has their role in the world, and we can't all be the same.
Jetstreme ∞
Jetstreme ∞
aWolfen I almost choked on my own salvia after laughing so hard at your third comment oh my gosh
EeveeWarrior
EeveeWarrior
I probably care about others a bit too much. I just want people to be able to be happy, have a good time. I can't help but worry if I don't hear from a friend for a week or two. If I know a friend has a problem, I want to help them, and if they say they're fine I will worry about them.
EeveeWarrior
EeveeWarrior
And from this, I will say "I'm fine," cause I want to help them with their problems, and I don't want worrying about me to be one of their problems. So I feel I've backed myself into a metaphorical corner. Everyone knows me as "The Innocent one," "The happy-go-lucky one," The one who never has any problems and only wants to help.
EeveeWarrior
EeveeWarrior
So it feels like if I were to ask for help, I wouldn't receive any, because "I don't need it." My friends are all so negative so much, I'm the one beacon of light among them, so I can't let that light dim by showing how I really feel, cause I know it would likely upset them, and I don't want to be the source of their upset.
Back
Top Bottom