Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
And sentiments like this are exactly the reason *why* it isn't a good idea to do that these days. See, back in the 1900s, 1920s, etc such things were seen as normal. 14-16 year olds were playing around with Chemistry sets that would be pulled from store shelves today.
Xylia
Xylia
This worked back then, because kids were taught to be more mature from earlier on. 14-16 year olds were mature enough to start families in the 1800s. Yes, 14 year old girls were getting married, getting pregnant and having kids and this was normal. Now, today, I wouldn't even trust an average 18 year old with something like a soldiering iron unless I knew the person was good enough to handle it properly.
Xylia
Xylia
And a big part of the reason why leads back to the extreme sheltering/coddling/etc and lack of discipline that's gone on since those days..
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
I have been taught like that, but then again, at 16 the hormones still make some questionable decisions.
FlyKip
FlyKip
Well the questionable decisions come from not being taught how to be mature
FlyKip
FlyKip
And hormones don't "make" you chose decisions, sure, they influence them, but at the end of the day, it's you making the choice
I do realize that, but I also know that at the end of the long road of hormone induced growth, I will be a much more mature person than my peers, solely on how I was raised and taught.
Xylia
Xylia
Yeah, these days, most parents treat computers, games consoles, etc as an electric nanny. They'll sit their kids in front of it and then go off doing who knows what because they simply don't care. They want the sex, but they don't want to deal with the responsibility.
Back
Top Bottom