Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oi. So many people don't understand math... What's the answer to 6/2(1+2)? Let's explore this.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And yes, saying 6/2(1+2) is a horrible way of writing that. needs moar parenthesis. The actual problem you see on youtube videos use that stupid outdated division symbol instead of writing it as a fraction, which is what we SHOULD be doing. I didn't feel like looking up the ALT+ code for it so I used a / instead.
    Creeper da Snek
    Creeper da Snek
    Additionally (haha), doing 6/2 first is wrong anyway even with PEMDAS; Fractions have invisible parentheses around both the numerator and denominator, meaning you need to evaluate them first before dividing.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    That's why I hate it when people use that stupid ÷ symbol for dividing, because it is nearly impossible to see what exactly is the numerator and what is the denominator, but then I don't like using the / symbol either but you kinda need to when typing it on a keyboard. It's better to put the entire numerator and the entire denominator in parenthesis, if you must. Such as 6/(2(1+3)) as someone said above.
    Title of YT Video: "Searching for Gender Equality - International Women's Day" ... okaaaaaaay. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So we dedicate a day to one of the two sexes and then "search for gender equality" on that very same day. I think they failed before they even started the search, TBH. If they wanted equality, then it should have been "Men and Women's Day".
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Xy's got records on the unpleasant experiences at CHF that one can experience. You won't get 'em a whole lot here, rest assured.
    Waffle-Chan
    Waffle-Chan
    The Chucklefish forums is probably one of the greatest forums websites I've found. The community is simply amazing (despite not being the most active. Still is more active than these forums though). Although, it does has some horrible rules and some pretty weird mods. Honestly, it has its problems, but is worth it
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I don't really know a whole lot about it, I just browse a few threads that I have watched and occasionally see stuff come up on the status messages...
    Been playing the Secret of Mana remake for most of the day. Other than two minor issues I encountered, it's a rather solid release. (cont)
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Although I Did Laugh In The First Few Moments When You See Elliot's Face Permanently Afixed To "I'm Gonna :red: Myself"
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, but I think Elliott was supposed to be a joke character from the beginning, so... lol. That and he's like that int he SNES version too.
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    My God Square Hates This :red:ing Kid *Laughing Hiss*
    Wal-Mart sure has its priorities straight! /sarcasm (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So I went there today, and there's only 2 cashier lanes open, and 4-5 people standing in a line behind each. There are no less than 8 "Scan&Go" lanes open, but there were only 1-2 people there and employees wearing yellow standing there at them waiting for people to come.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It was rather hilarious and sad both to see the Scan&Go employees standing around doing absolutely jack all while the two real cashiers had constant 4-5 person lines, people waiting 15+ minutes to get through the checkouts.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Apparently, people DON'T want to have to do all the work, work that the employees should be doing. I'm a customer. It's the store's job to scan and bag my crap, thanks.
    Any Olympic Athlete that disparages their government for any reason needs to be kicked out of the Games immediately and sent home. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I didn't dig into the stories, but more saw that and just had to eyeroll at that for a second.
    MiltVala
    MiltVala
    So being an Olympian means you have to support the leader? That's pretty un-American if you ask me. The whole government is based around checks and balances to make sure it isn't a supreme leader.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The Olympics are about athletes representing their nations (which includes their leaders!) setting aside political grudges and such, and just competing in games. When you wear your nation's colors, you are representing your nation (and its leader). If you can't stand for your government... then don't go to the games, plain and simple.
    So I made the mistake of checking the Steam Discussions for Secret of Mana... *sigh*
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And that "It's a cheap phone game! I shouldn't have to pay $40 for it! Waaaaaah!!!" Seriously, they are taking a FULL LENGTH JRPG and redoing it from the ground up, with new art, new sounds, music, and even Voice Acting. For a Full. Length. Game.
    NightFuryis11
    NightFuryis11
    Expect people to be stupid about anything and everything they can.
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    *Spoiled* Spoiled Rotten.
    So at some point, Windstream doubled my internet speed from 3Mbps to 6Mbps without even telling me. huh.
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, whoever does should look into it at least somewhat -- speeds that low should not be happening unless something is drastically wrong. It could be something as simple as the networking equipment needing a simple restart.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    You're basically getting half of the speed dialup (the slowest kind of internet) gets. And unless you are on dialup (do you have to actually dial when you connect to the internet?), these speeds are a small fraction of what you should have.
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Ah, I Forgot To Mention, This House Lost Internet After I Bit The Modem.
    It Was A Small Modem.
    Where's this Global Warming that is supposedly going on? *looks outside, solid ice all over the windows and sides of the house* yeah..
    Small businesses complain about how hard it is to stay alive? Stop ripping people off. Seriously. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Our oven blew its main heating element last night. This morning, dad calls the local appliance fixit to see if they have any replacements for that model of oven, and we were quoted at "$30 and up". Eh, I can order it from Amazon for $15-20. I can understand a markup, but 80-100% markup is out of this world ridiculous. No wonder these places can't stay alive.
    The True Hero
    The True Hero
    they need to raise prices because they don't get nearly as many customers, so they have to increase costs to actually make a profit, but they get fewer sales due to higher prices.
    Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) is $3.39 on Steam. It's probably better than EA's $60 version!
    Ooo. Saw the preview of an $80 art commission. Sadly can't show it on TCF... well might be able to crop it to her face only.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Uh. It's not finished yet, so you won't be finding it lol. Maybe I'll PM you how to find it once it is done.
    Hie the Badger
    Hie the Badger
    Quite a few previews are posted so thats why I asked.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nods* this is a rough sketch that was only sent to me via a private dropbox... but when the final version comes, I might crop her face to use as my new avatar and if you wanna see the rest, well... I can PM you where to find it.
    One of these days I need to get off my lazy duff and see if I can get a good Win98SE install running on Dosbox lol.
    FINALLY! An 80s song that has eluded me for years has finally been found an identified. (cont)
    Reactions: Kelp
    Xylia
    Xylia
    At least for me, anyways. And like I said, finally it came on while I was in the car (I only turn radio on for longer trips, like once a month) and that one line was JUST enough for me to find it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    @Kelp : A... strange song lol. Though some of the riff sounded familiar like I'd heard it somewhere else.
    Hie the Badger
    Hie the Badger
    ... I had west end girls on a mix tape. I had a :red: ton of mix tapes but a lot of them were lost to time, lets say. I made quite a few of the tapes I had.
    I'm getting to where I am ashamed to call myself a video gamer these days. Honestly, people are so spoiled... (cont)
    Reactions: Blue the Swordsman
    FlyKip
    FlyKip
    i thought human eyes cant process 144 frames per second... hmmmm
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I don't think anybody really knows what the actual rate that human eyes can process. I don't think there's really a hard "limit", as it varies by person. That's why I usually just use the "Diminishing Returns" term, that as you get up past a certain point (60-80), you get less benefit the higher you go.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    But yet it takes increasingly more hardware to achieve it. Going from 80FPS up to 140+ FPS is a pretty significant strain on the hardware.
    I surely can't be the first person who noticed that the Destiny 2 logo looks like... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ...some sort of metal armor bikini with codpiece. I wonder if there's a joke to be had in there somewhere.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom