RavageTheSavage
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Speaking of translating, I've been reliving my childhood by looking up old Bionicle stuff.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    For whatever reason, Nuju decided to just speak in animal language once he became a Turaga, so he had Matoro translate for him as he was familiar with Rahi. He even didn't speak normally to his old Toa comrades, which meant that Matoro knew a lot of stuff that he had to keep a secret.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    And while it's a huge part of Matoro's character for having to be the secret bearer and keep all this information from his friends even if it might benefit them, why did he have to be in the first place? I understand his translating when none of the other Turaga were around, but last time I checked Nokama literally has a mask that lets her understand Rahi language.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    She might of lost a lot of her mask's capabilities once she turned into a Turaga, but wouldn't she maybe remember some of it after the mask translated it to her? If that was the case, the only reason Nuju would need a translator at the Turaga meetings was if Nokama never spoke to any bird Rahi as a Toa.
    Well now I know what the bottom of web pages look like in Portuguese!
    jIZMMyO.png
    Catman8274
    Catman8274
    Google Translate doesn't necessarily translate things accurately. That said, this is absolutely hilarious!
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    Yeah, it's kinda a known glitch that if you keep chaining the same two letters over and over again (usually works if you're "translating" from Portuguese or Somali to English) Google Translate will just start spitting random garbage at you.
    The Ability Warrior: Poke Ranger gives you a subtle tip when up against Magnet Pull that I honestly wouldn't expect from in-game television.
    TriforceShard
    TriforceShard
    Since I'm too lazy to perform a basic Google search, what's the tip?
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    Can't remember the exact script, but Poke Ranger shows up with metal protective gear to apprehend "Magnet Pull Phantom", which was obviously a bad idea. Poke Ranger solves this problem by simply taking the gear off, leaving, and coming right back.

It ends with the narrator saying: Sometimes heroes want to run away. Don't get beaten! Fight! Poke Ranger! U-turn, Poke Ranger! To be continued...
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    U-Turn (and its sister move with the same function, Volt Switch) can be used to switch out even when under the effects of Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Mean Look, Spider Web and Block. It's more useful information than I'd expect The Ability Warrior to give; usually the crisis would be solved by Poke Ranger not wearing metal in the first place or something.
    Man, I hate it when ORAS penalizes me for being honest.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    Don't like scary rides? Whelp, you're never going to get the TM for Sky Drop without lying.
    Like Gyarados over Magikarp? Well now you can't get one of the most potent items in the game, the Eviolite, unless you're dishonest!
    But why is Popplio ugly?
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Dunno 'bout cha, but I think it looks cute.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    Yeah, it's my favourite of the Gen' VII starter's first stages. There are a lot of people that think it's really ugly, but I don't think I've ever heard a reason why other than the nonsensical "Its front legs are too big and its back ones are to small!"

You guys realize this Pokemon's based on a sea lion, not a dog, right?
    I used to get confused when people would freak out because you described some random organization quirk as OCD.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    Well, OCD is a disorder, so describing people as having OCD can be considered an insult to some.

I'm very neurotic, so my behaviour occasionally gets described as OCD (which is not an adjective but whatever). I'm not insulted by it, but it's definitely not accurate.
    So apparently there are hidden relationship points in Pokemon Reborn.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    What I find interesting is that Shade will like you more if you do various things; basically all of them being positive in nature, further supporting the theory that he's just Creepy Good. What I find odd is that you get positive points with him if you reveal Corey to the police.

Maybe it's just because Corey dying gives him a menace to use against you.
    What sucks about being super paranoid is when your paranoia actually turns out to be justified thus giving you permission to be paranoid.
    Kelp
    Kelp
    Did this have something to do with the pet rat?
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    No, I was mostly referencing the time I freaked out when I had a small amount of abdominal pain and it turned out to be the very start of appendicitis.
    Kelp
    Kelp
    Ah, yeah. Smart move - Better safe than sorry. You're smart for getting it checked out. I had severe abdominal pain for a week+ and still wouldn't go. I only went because I got shouted at by everyone. Turned out to be nothing serious.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom