Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I finally went ahead and bought Rabi-Ribi. Yeah I know it's an anime game with catgirls, bunnygirls and almost naked faeries, but (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .... but still, from what I've gathered thusfar after a somewhat short-ish session just to test if the game works, it's a very nice and responsive metroidvania adventure with some bullet hell mechanics. The gameplay is definitely good, even if I'm not crazy on half dressed anime girls lol.
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    What's The Rating Of This Game?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's rated Teen for "Partial Nudity" among other things (like fantasy violence). Said "nudity" is just like extremely scant clothing on some of the characters (mainly the faerie that follows you around) and various low cut fanservice shirts.
    I don't understand how Microsoft made the most popular PC OS on the freaking planet, but yet fail so hard at doing basic stuff (cont)
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    (cont) And ever since doing that, I no longer lose hours of time on a weekly basis, my OS is always ***FAR*** more stable, none of my privacy settings get hijacked and reset constantly, no more bloat programs get installed and updated by MS constantly, I STILL don't get any viruses/malware, my hard drives don't die after 2-3 years etc etc.
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    (cont) Windows updates are literal cancer to your computer. Abstaining from them is the healthiest thing you can do for your PC. As long as you're still smart in other ways as well, I can't recommend it enough. :)
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    What did I do to deserve this.
    Really wish game developers would use archive files more often. Trying to copy 20,000 tiny files is much slower than a few large archives.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well to be fair I was not talking about Terraria, I was more talking about Secret of Mana. I didn't notice any issues copying Terraria and I think the files *are* archived unless you install tModLoader and have to downgrade or something.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    That or you could, you know, just redownload the game; it's only like 500MB lol.
    savvasl
    savvasl
    xD yeah
    Yaaay Stardew Valley 1.3 Beta is out! Check Chippy's channel on Youtube or the forums to find out how to get in. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    After disappointing news from both Terraria and Starbound, I was feeling kinda blah... but this makes me feel better! Been awhile since I played SDV, thinking it's about time I change that.
    savvasl
    savvasl
    Agreed
    Think I came up with my own little piece of wisdom: "He who hath no questions, hath no intelligence"
    savvasl
    savvasl
    Or maybe he just knew everything xD :V
    Weird. Apparently Windows Time is borked, it thinks it's 11AM EST when it's actually 10AM. Was wondering why WoW Dailies didn't reset yet.
    May 8th. That's when I'll be able to do some actual streaming and downloading. Yaaaay. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it (cont)
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    neoselket
    neoselket
    Wow. Wish i could get that. Right now i get like 5mbps download on average, no clue what my upload is. And that's only until i hit my monthly limit. What kind of ping will it have?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Not sure about the ping, but it's fibre so it should be good.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Fun fact is that objectively copper wires have better potential than fibre. Fibres are cheap though.
    Know what really annoys me sometimes? Freaking LEDs on every stinking' thing when it comes to PC parts. (cont)
    Explinorater
    Explinorater
    The pent-up rage has finally been released.
    Jetstreme ∞
    Jetstreme ∞
    yeah but it's pretty
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Pretty don't mean much if it's in a box and tucked underneath a desk... that, and my desk is up against a left-hand wall... and there's a window in the left side of the computer... so the best it can do is make the wall glow a little. lol.
    My first sprite that I've ever loaded up in a game:
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well okay, it's Just the head and borrowing the lower body from another mod (with permission).
    Xylia
    Xylia
    still need to add wings, and add some detailing to the arms and body to make it look more dragony and less humany.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Nice.
    What's a good free pixel art software? I tried Piskel but it annoyingly lacks some things I want (cont)
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Later versions of Paint have anti-aliasing brushes, which is why I stick to XP's version of Paint as it draws in the selected color only.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I figured it was something like that.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    I use xp paint(you can find places to download it) and paint.NET.
    Blah. First T:OW gets cancelled and now Starbound 1.4 is delayed and a major part of the content cut. How's a guy supposed to think (cont)
    Reactions: TMB50
    T
    TMB50
    In SB's case, it's rather weird, as their argument could be said about Mechs, unless they're planning to make them mesh better with the rest of the game.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Eh? Mechs seemed like a natural part of the game. My only complaint about mechs was that it was grindy.
    T
    TMB50
    Mech progression is poorly connected, and relatively few of their mechanics carry to planets. For instance, there's really few items found in space that aren't related to mechs, and few planetbound items related to them (Apart from ores). There's also nothing that is a threat to mechs within planets (And they can't be recharged there)...
    Radical Feminism, the truth explained by a sensible very intelligent woman. I've never been so happy with so many smiles! (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So at least we agree on beliefs; that's great!
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    I Just Call Them Nazis.

What? They Practically Are.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    They have some similarities, but I don't think I would stoop to their level, even if it could be partly true. I'll be a bit more polite and have a bit more tact than they do, that way I look better and they look worse when they continue to be rude and offensive and I remain polite.
    I ordered a Wacom Intuos and it's due to arrive by this coming Monday. So who knows I might be able to grace you guys with my terrible art.
    Reactions: Realith
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Dunno why, but Temp3 has never worked right on this mobo, but Temp1 is the CPU. I let it run in Lagaran for like 5min before taking this screencap.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro-M with 2 120mm fans on the front, 2 120mm fans on the top (one of each is unplugged because it was really loud and overkill).
    [Chrono Trigger] The last boss theme "draws" an infinity symbol. I never knew that. If you listen to it... (cont)
    So I've been looking at Ni No Kuni 2... but I'm hesitant to put down $50+ for it. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I've not paid that kind of money on a game since FFXIV... so I'm somewhat hesitant, though the gameplay videos on Youtube look like something that could be fun.
    So I saw this YT video about Trump starting to send food boxes to people with SNAP/EBT cards. I somehow haven't heard about this (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Either way, Something needs done, which is better than just letting the EBT system gobble up huge amounts of the government's resources to pay for making the majority of the people on EBT obese because they buy stupid crap with it.
    sodapone🌳
    sodapone🌳
    A month's worth of food for a family is going to be a lot more than $100. Of course, I'm gonna assume you know this, but there's other logistical problems, like the fact that EBT doesn't require physical delivery of anything, whereas these food boxes would need to be delivered to every family on welfare (of which there's a lot of them), and on time so that they don't spoil. That's a very tall order.
    MiltVala
    MiltVala
    They won't be saving much, because again, know how much it costs to ship that much food to over 16 million homes. logistics, logistics, logistics? Also "real food" that needs to stay fresh for a month. That ain't real food. Those trials aren't realistic by any means.

and want a real money gobbler down?

I can see a large one

trumpdiscpie_large.png
    So my secondary computer was taking forever to load WoW (especially if I logged out in Loadaran last). I bought a new HDD (not SSD) (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I think you'd like Legion then, lol. Though... farming crafting mats, eh. Not really a huge part of how you make money, but then they actually made the professions interesting with lots of quests to do to learn your recipes. Gone are the daily cooldowns (I HATED those) and people making junk for you, and in are trainers sending you on quests to learn how to make new stuff.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    There's still followers and follower missions, but they are toned down massively and while I didn't like the garrison all that much, I find the Class Order Hall is much more to my liking. They took the good things the Garrison had, and removed the bad things and made it much more manageable.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So in Legion, I find crafting is more.... stuff I make for myself, rather than trying to sell on the AH, though I bet that gems and enchants still sell well.
    So, I once lamented how I didn't make very much money, and there was a time that I used to be kinda depressed.. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .... because of being stuck at a dead-end job. But over the last 2-3 years, I thought to myself... you know, I got more money than I think I do, really. I know several people who make more per year, a good $5k or more per year than I do... but yet... I have more money than they do, because I have absolutely 0 debt. Meanwhile, they have 2, 3 credit cards going.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So if they are $10k, $20k in debt and I have 0 debt... this means I have $10k, $20k more than they do. Then it doesn't seem so bad...
    Flameofice
    Flameofice
    Stuffing that away somewhere in my brain-library ought to be a smart idea.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom