Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• [FFXIV] Patch 4.4 is dope. The two dungeons are cool, the bosses are awesome (though the dragon is slightly overtuned IMO), (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The MSQ storyline/cutscenes are awesome, lots of lore-heavy reveals and cliffhangers.... just all-around awesome patch that has me on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting 4.5.
    Got a new mouse today (Logitech G203) and now I feel like I've never used a computer before because I'm fumbling all over everything.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I did eventually fiddle with the pointer precision, and the pointer movement and clicking is good, it's just the mouse is really tiny compared to my Naga. Why do they think everybody who uses a computer is a 12 year old girl?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I suppose I could have been more specific when I made my original post, it has more to do with the ergonomics of the mouse and how it feels really small in my hand. I'm a claw-gripper instead of a palm-gripper and I can foresee cramps and muscle strains on the outer tendon that runs along the pinky finger until I get used to it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Clarification in case someone thinks I'm sexist: The 12 year old girl comment had to do with the tiny mice and the size of 12 year old girls' hands compared to boys' hands. Some of those mice I saw at the store were REALLY freaking small, like, how can people even Use those?
    So, I'm doing a practice playthrough because I want to record a LP when 1.3.6 drops, and.... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I have the most ridiculous awesome luck in finding junk early-game that would have made for great footage if I had been recording. $100 on the table says that I will get a boring terrible playthrough (in terms of stuff I find, and my luck) when 1.3.6 actually does drop..
    So... My Time at Portia is a simply kick-butt game. Took some serious willpower to actually stop playing it at 2AM. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I kept thinking "just another day!" but yet I was like "blah, I should get some sleep... but I wanna keep playing". The game is early access but dang is it fun. I'm hooked I think lol.
    So black and white cameras are capable of taking better color photos than actual color cameras until at least the 2000's...
    Reactions: Lunatic Lobbyist
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The color photos from 1906 are just mind-blowing. They easily beat anything you'd get out of a 1980s-2000s camera unless you put some serious money down.
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    Oh, you watch the 8-bit guy too?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, yeah! one of the cooler little channels on Youtube, I like his stuff. He's got a pleasant voice to listen to, he's got a nice clean setup, and he explains things very well.
    Holy crap. I don't think any modern computer could possibly do THIS.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    A C64 has open vents, and is 20 years older than a Nokia, lol. But yeah what got me is that there's rust on components and mold on the PCBs with some of the traces being exposed to the elements and it still worked. Usually, that will kill circuitry.
    waydawiz711
    waydawiz711
    why must you mortals doubt the power of gods
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    That Was A VERY Fun Read.
    [7th Saga] Welp there's Lv69 in my playthrough, time to record another episode tomorrow morning. Getting close to the end of the game.
    I. Hate. Enemies. That. Run. Away. in JRPGs. So infuriating when you're trying to level up and everything runs away.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age: Origins or Witcher 3. These kinds of games appeal to me overall, I don't really fancy JRPGs.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. I mean, those kinds of games are OK, but I suppose that JRPGs also hold appeal to me because that's what I started with, way back in the days of Dragon Warrior and FF1 and the plethora of SNES games done in a similar format. The running away thing? Only a few games have it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And here soon, they won't have TIME to run away after a few levels hehe.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Never ever would have guessed that Opera belongs in a JRPG boss battle theme until I heard this tune and man is it awesome. Use headphones so you can hear the otherworldly screaming of monsters in the background.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Also, most of the rest of the soundtrack was pure gold. Why can't we have video game music like this anymore?
    Forgot how fun FFX used to be. Despite some flaws, the game had some cool gameplay mechanics.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Picked it up on Steam for 50% off. Got X-2 along with it but I dunno if I'll really get to that or not... not really into tween girl fantasy lol, which is a shame because I remember the battle system actually being rather well done. Might have to temporarily suspend my man card or something and just do it.
    WOW! My TV looks way better now. Bought a 32inch 1080p to replace a 27 720p I had and at first I used an HDMI cable, but.... (cont)
    [FFXIV] So I finally got around to unlocking RDM. Looks quite interesting, perhaps one of the best DPS jobs they've designed yet. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Did a quick PotD run to give it a proper test.... and I absolutely sucked half the dungeon, but once I figured out that you're meant to use Jolt to proc Dualcast, the job started to feel a lot more fun. It's very random but yet such random isn't a punishing sort of random. You weave black and white spells together as you need and then jump in and hack them to pieces. Does insane damage too. It's got lots of variety.
    Found an awesome Monster Girl themed webcomic. Can't give details though because it is somewhat NSFW. (cont)
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    It's not that those genres "ruin" their said niche because of existing, it's mainly because Monster Musume bastardized the genre its in with the uncanny amount of fanservice that provides nothing.
    Myu
    Myu
    idk, girls aren't really what I'm attracted to... and most anime with monster girls are all lewd and sexualized
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    I've already discussed somewhere else that an all-male-oriented, oversexualized monster anime wouldn't fly anywhere due to how niche it would be. Basically: homophobia is a one sided thing. But let's not get into that now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom