Terraria Community Forums

waydawiz711
waydawiz711
1) crying helps a lot 2) bottle it up and let it out later (eg. At school and don't want to break down at the spot) 3) play some music that you like 4) gaming always helps with some people 5) write your thoughts into a journal (my choice) 6) talk to someone you trust (this does not work for a lot of people including me, but It works for some, so I included it) /// this is pg-13 so I don't get in trouble lol
Mattix
Mattix
Let me guess, self-diagnosed depression? Go outside.
Athrisir
Athrisir
Hi. Don’t ever bottle it up, that’s the worst possible thing you can do. Want to know the best solutions? One, don’t self diagnose. Two, talk to a therapist. Depression isn’t just feeling sad or worthless, which people really don’t understand.
Baconfry
Baconfry
Well, from what I gather, he is a closeted gay, which puts him at increased risk of depression. I agree that it’s best to talk to a therapist or even the school counselor about this.
waydawiz711
waydawiz711
I like to talk to the guidance counselor some times. But I bottle things up yes. A lot.
waydawiz711
waydawiz711
And I don't talk to people about this stuff Irl because I have MAJOR trust issues. If I tell people all this stuff, they have ammo to bully, and/or give to the bullies when they backstabbing me. I am paranoid about stuff like that, because I've had it done to me before, and I'm in no mood to have that happen again.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Depression is not sadness, it's emptiness.
waydawiz711
waydawiz711
I am aware of this. Apparently people dont think I know this. When I get depressed, I don't react to things, and I get dead inside. And I sit up here in my room and play geometry dash or watch videos. (if you are not talking about me, and you are talking about others, just pretend this comment ain't here lol)
Athrisir
Athrisir
That's not depression. That's feeling depressed. Two different things.
waydawiz711
waydawiz711
I'm confused now.
waydawiz711
waydawiz711
Definition of depression: Feelings of severe despondency or dejection /// definition of despondency: A state of low spirits, caused by a loss of hope or courage /// definition of Dejection: A sad and depressed state; low spirits
Athrisir
Athrisir
Clinical depression and the feeling of depression are two different things. The feeling is a synonym for down or sad in a way, but the mental disorder is different. I'm not saying you aren't feeling upset at times, but I doubt that you have clinical depression. Self diagnosing is never the way to go about things.
Bezixx
Bezixx
"Feeling depressed" means you are being sad in response to something that happened recently, for example you failed an exam and your parents gave you an earful or you lost a good friend. In the meanwhile depression is a mental disorder that is a lot more complicated than just being sad and it varies from person to person.
Back
Top Bottom