• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Terraria Community Forums

Jetstream ∞
Jetstream ∞
that's not how counters work at all
sharkman0101
sharkman0101
Yes, because absorbing all the damage that you'd get from someone using all their force on you then doubling the force they dealt to you with no sweat at all is how they work.

Seriously, they should be a combo move, not a killing move penalizing someone using another strong move. I'd be fine with them as long as they are meant to start combos, not do insane damage.
Jetstream ∞
Jetstream ∞
They aren't a killing move unless the victim really doesn't expect the opponent to counter their slow startup forward smash when they're at 140%

It's a move reliant on timing and prediction and is unbelievably punishable if they miss. You might notice that counters are rarely utilized in professional play - that's because they typically aren't good moves in a kit.
Jetstream ∞
Jetstream ∞
The only counter I'd agree is too much is Corrin's. Past that, I've never experienced a problem with them. They're a tool to provide an opportunity to outplay. I agree that it would be nice to see some counters that give the choice for a combo, though. Variety is a good thing
Top Bottom