InstaFiz
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I don’t know about you, but my school has some pretty good food.
    that homie
    that homie
    We have to bring our own food to my lunch, so it's only ever as good as I make it.

Read: it lowkey sucks.
    Since I'm out of town next weekend, I had to record two videos today. Boy, that was a doozy.
    I’m starting to like Fortnite less. Lately, they’ve been making tons and tons of unnecessary changes, and... (more below)
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    ...I feel like cosmetics are leaning towards being more than just cosmetic-only. I mean, I’ve always found Fortnite a little uninteresting, even though I played it a lot. The stuff I described isn’t helping.
    Doylee
    Doylee
    Same reason I play Overwatch much less than I used to, the core game is changing far too drastically.
    How did this whole Bowsette thing fly past me? I was on the internet for the past week!
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    No clue on how this thing blew up as much as it did. I know it's the internet and all but still.
    Eli10293
    Eli10293
    It started from a web comic inspired by a crown powerup in a trailer.
    0d1.jpg_large
    Ghostly!
    Ghostly!
    Its p much r63 but really r34 with extra steps
    4 years of TCF, almost 3 years of me being a member, and over a year of me missing out.
    I wonder if it’s harder to make a game, or a mod for Terraria. I think making a mod requires a lot of creativity.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    With a game, you have to design everything, the setting, story, characters, enemies, balance, etc. Terraria already did that. When you make a mod, all you gotta do is try to use Terraria's existing items as a balance point, or existing enemies as a balance point. Wanna add a new sword? Compare it to already existing swords of similar tier. etc.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    When making your own game, you gotta come up with all the numbers from scratch, you have to ask yourself how fast you want the pacing to be, how big the numbers should get, how hard do you want this stuff to be, yadda yadda.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And then the bugfixing.... a new game? that's either a new engine, or starting on something like unity or unreal or what-not... but even then... lots and lot sof bugs. making a mod? Well if you make a new sword... it will probably work unless you did something crazy with it.
    Playing games when you’re home sick is so boring because your friends are at school and they can’t play with you.
    Kitten Shuttles
    Kitten Shuttles
    My problem: no friends at all. You’re lucky you have friends!
    It’s a shame that there’s little to no Fortnite fans on this forum. I really wanna talk about what the cube just did.
    A year ago, I told this forum I was working on a game. I also said that I had to stop working on it because of high school. (More below)
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    Truth is, i had never wanted to make a game in the first place. When I told this forum about it, it was just an idea. I never confirmed anything. In fact, I was leaning towards no, as I knew nothing about making a game. But then everyone misinterpreted. They thought I had confirmed that I was making a game, and people got hyped. So I felt pressured.
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    I felt like I had to make something so people wouldn’t be disappointed. It sucks because I had asked a few people for help. So yeah. There’s the truth. It’s not that I cancelled it because I was incapable of making a game. It’s because I was never gonna make one to begin with. I’m not gonna jump into a project I won’t know how to finish. Sorry to the people I let down.
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    That's fine, Game development is quite a big investment. And starting projects is much easier than finishing them.

I was one of the people wondering about yours. So thanks for sharing this.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom