Terraria Community Forums

neoselket
neoselket
Why should it be impossible?
ThePally
ThePally
The way meteorites work, floating islands actively repel them. They shouldn't even be landing near one.
Stardust Guardian
Stardust Guardian
I had 2 meteorites land on 1 floating island
ThePally
ThePally
Was that in the current version?
Stardust Guardian
Stardust Guardian
Oh in 1.2 3ds
ThePally
ThePally
Yeah well like I say I know it has happene din the bust. To clarify, in the current version it should be absolutely impossible.
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
ThePally
ThePally
I know better than the wiki, but since you linked it already, clouds and sunplate both block meteorites, you see
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
Well, if it happened to you, then it's obviously not 1000% impossible.
ThePally
ThePally
It didn't tho
BrusselSprouts693
BrusselSprouts693
Console 1.2.4.5 ya
W1K
W1K
They should be extremely unlikely indeed, looking at the code that is. I do clearly remember meteorites partially being spawned on islands however. I suspect the code might be looking for *surface* tiles when spwaning a meteorite which could cause meteorite parts to spawn on top of floating islands when landing adjacent to meteorites.
ThePally
ThePally
I believe it is entirely impossible in the current version. But what can happen is a meteorite hitting something really big next to a floating island and a few rocks, no more than 20 could hit the island. But that won't happen naturally.
InstaFiz
InstaFiz
Pretty sure that the reason meteorites rarely hit floating islands is because of the chests they spawn with. Chests are the things that repel meteorites.
W1K
W1K
Meteorites deliberately avoid clouds and sunplate blocks (and liquids to an extent supposedly to avoid sky lakes) and the way it's done is very aggressive. I can't tell whether the code was this way before the most recent versions as I never really had a reason to check it before. My memories of meteors on islands might just be from dated versions.
ThePally
ThePally
I think it is to avoid hitting lakes and the ocean. The clouds already make it impossible for a sky lake to get hit.
Stardust Guardian
Stardust Guardian
I wonder if yhou could zoom out on the terraria map so much, you can see meteorites falling.
Back
Top Bottom