Comments on Profile Post by Grizz

1. Viashino
    Viashino
    Cloud save is when your data gets saved to an account (like the one your device is set up with). SAving data to the cloud enables you to retrieve data on any device that uses that cloud account. Local save saves progress just the Terraria application.
    Dec 10, 2018
    Grizz likes this.
  2. Grumpy Squid
    Grumpy Squid
    Local save means the save data is on your physical machine. Cloud save means the save is located on an online storage center that can be accessed by you when you need it.
    Dec 10, 2018
    Grizz and Viashino like this.
  3. Grumpy Squid
    Grumpy Squid
    Terraria, or rather Steam's, Cloud saves are remote backups of the same saves on your machine. Steams Cloud saves maintain a physical presence on your machine in a sub-directory of your steam data folder. Which is why they are technically Cloud Backups and not actual Cloud Saves.
    Dec 10, 2018
    Grizz likes this.
  4. Grizz
    Grizz
    So what y'all are saying is if I create a Terraria on the cloud save option that I'll be able to play that game data from multiple devices
    Dec 10, 2018
  5. Grumpy Squid
    Grumpy Squid
    Dec 10, 2018
    Grizz likes this.
  6. Grumpy Squid
    Grumpy Squid
    For Xbox 360, it will allow you to access your saves from any other Xbox 360, and only Xbox 360.
    Dec 10, 2018
    Grizz likes this.
  7. Grizz
    Grizz
    I only play it on mobile for right now, thought about the PC version
    Dec 11, 2018
  8. Grumpy Squid
    Grumpy Squid
    For the PC Version, yes, it should let you play from any PC you are signed in on steam to.
    Dec 11, 2018
    Grizz likes this.