Terraria Community Forums

Athrisir
Athrisir
Several RP groups have hundreds of pages and pages of posts, from the IC to characters to lore. This removal severely hurts the roleplay community here, much like archiving Social Forums did as well.

Additionally, groups such as TMEC or other large discussion groups that don't fit anywhere are also getting the axe. This is just more to archive, and we've seen in the past that it's long and tedious work.
Athrisir
Athrisir
I know this website serves as a discussion board for Terraria and everything else is optional and extra, but these communities are a part of us. I've spent four years roleplaying here and watched myself "grow up" in a way through my ability to tell stories and create worlds, and I'm sure others would agree.
Athrisir
Athrisir
Removing these groups in a way begins to destroy these memories and communities, and the organization we once had is gone due to the two thread limit. I feel like a lot of decisions regarding Social Forums are made without anyone on the inside understanding the consequences of their decisions, and it causes a huge pain for the dedicated roleplayers here.
Athrisir
Athrisir
So on that note, goodbye. For anyone looking to get involved in RP of any kind, I highly advise choosing a different site. This one has already killed off all the good ones.

Goodbye TCF. If you really care enough to change my mind, send your complaints to Akiyama#7820.
Matsu
Matsu
It was a decision between having social groups and a forum that actually functions. I can confirm, this choice was not one made quickly or lightly; we've been talking about this behind the scenes for quite some time believe it or not.

Regardless, I hope you find a forum that better accommodates your RP needs.
W1K
W1K
Truth is there is no way social forums and a WORKING forum can coexist. If your interest lies solely on social forums and you couldn't care less about the Terraria forums, I'm sad to bring it in these terms but I don't know why you're here or even care. Make your own forums. There are plenty of websites to do this. We should be glad social forums existed up to this point despite the incredible problem they are.
W1K
W1K
There is no alternative that gets us both a working forum and social forums for as much we want it, if you have one you should pitch it to the devs and hell I'm sure they'll pay you for it. Otherwise there's no point in crying over something that can't be achieved.
Top Bottom