Comments on Profile Post by InstaFiz

1. UltiDaniel
    UltiDaniel
    But what if I do it for the sake of getting pizza afterwards?
    Apr 6, 2019
    Unit One likes this.
  2. InstaFiz
    Apr 6, 2019
    Bubby Aurora likes this.
  3. altermaven
    altermaven
    Take it from me, someone who was previously in a beta channel (not for this game! It was an open-source project). It's not all based on fun and getting into bleeding edge. As a contributor, you're expected to find and report problems as they come, so the core dev team can work on stamping them out. There's significantly more work than play in these. It's more of a part time job.
    Apr 6, 2019
    InstaFiz likes this.
  4. altermaven
    altermaven
    If you're not showing yourself as commited to helping stamp the bugs (and in the case of some projects such as this one, also keeping your mouth shut because Non-Disclosure Agreement), often more than not you'll be turned away, esp. if the beta team is a closed system.
    Apr 6, 2019
    InstaFiz likes this.
  5. altermaven
    altermaven
    I'm only now just part of reporting on the user-level end -- that is, I'm often reporting things in the release phase just in case some thing slipped, so the hotfixes can be whipped up. Will I get into some form of beta? I honestly don't know and even if I do, I probably can't tell you.
    Apr 6, 2019
    InstaFiz likes this.
  6. NBRI
    NBRI
    @altermaven Does that mean that if I see any bugs, I'm supposed to say something?
    How do I un-register for- JUST KIDDING!!!
    May 3, 2019
  7. altermaven
    altermaven
    Here's a simple way to test things: play until something breaks. See if you can get it to break in the same way. Write it down, pass the note over, rinse, repeat.

Feedback on things that break and feel out of place are invaluable to the team. But expect to commit to finding and reporting bugs above playing if you're being chosen.

(I am not part of the mobile team. I'm just saying this from personal experience.)
    May 4, 2019