Flor3nce2456
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• How is it I'm not only now waiting for Terraria to update, I'm also now waiting for the Spirit Mod and the Thorium Mod to also update? What kinda bizzaro world have I dropped myself into?
    TIL @Fury did a build showcase of Floating Continent IIIa and NOBODY TOLD ME.
    Flor3nce2456
    Flor3nce2456
    Thank you! It really means a lot to me, even though I'm seeing it super late. If it means anything, it wasn't *that* cringey. You summarized the build quite nicely, really, and pointed out many of the important details.

I find the idea that I'm part of some sort of builder trinity alongside @Khaios and @rulick15 to be quite inspiring and motivating!
    • Love
    Reactions: Khaios
    Khaios
    Khaios
    You were a major motivator for me getting into building, you know, haha. Ghostar got me interested, you got me hooked.
    Flor3nce2456
    I thought Mods were causing my game lag issue, but then I turned on Frame Skip and everything is peachy happy smooth.

Oh, also, finally started that modded run. Have Thorium, Chads Furniture, Alchemist NPC. Those are the major ones. Have a couple of Jopojelly's mods, too.
    Flor3nce2456
    Flor3nce2456
    If I finish this run and 1.4 STILL hasn't come out, I may add Calamity to that mix, who knows. Calamity is an entire update unto itself.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Good to see you finally started!
    I keep feeling paranoid that as soon as I start a new modded playthrough, the update will hit. This paranoia has gotten bad enough that I'm starting to wonder if Re-Logic is secretly watching me and has timed 1.4's release to me starting.

This is obviously illogical and I probably just need some sleep, but I still wonder if I should just start that playthrough so everyone can get the update and stop waiting on me.
    Reactions: The Storm
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Go ahead and start. You can create backups of the modded files anyway. Just go into steamapps/common and rename the terraria file. When you next start terraria, steam will download a vanilla version that will be overwrited instead of your modded one if the update does come out, meaning you might be able to keep going with your playthrough even after 1.4 releases.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    I haven't actually been able to test how well this strategy works… but I do know your modded files will still be intact at the very least.
    Also, you've been debating for almost a year, just start already.

Please start so the update releases.
    The Storm
    The Storm
    I was going to start a modded playthrough back in August, but wasn't sure if 1.4 was going to come out, and I only did the playthrough in January.
    Man I'm still interested in doing a modded terraria run, but gosh, not having a rough (quarter) release date for Journey's End is a killer.
    Oh wow, I'm flattered the Terraria Facebook page liked my Spaceship build from forever ago to use for their New Years greeting. Would have been nice to credit me properly.

At any rate, of course, that image and the world file has probably made the rounds everywhere, it's not like I put a credits sign anywhere in that world or anything.
    I mostly want a rough timetable of when the update will be released to see if a modded play through is worth my time. I'd hate to be half-way through Thorium only for the update to drop outta nowhere.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    They pushed it to 2020 without even a quarter to tide us over, so you should be fine.
    Minecraft 1.15: December 10th
    Stardew Valley 1.4: November 26th
    Terraria 1.4: !!????
    Dapling
    Dapling
    It seems the terraria developers only like to give release dates a week in advance or less. It is annoying because we don't know if they'll keep their promise of releasing in 2019 or not.
    I have no idea what to make for the 8th anniversary contest....
    Reactions: neoselket
    UltiDaniel
    UltiDaniel
    I'd suggest something simple, something that you would look at and say: "Now that looks like Terraria."
    Maybe something that is a semi-physical form of what you enjoy in Terraria?
    neoselket
    neoselket
    Same.
    Anyone have suggestions for a relatively uncomplicated modded Terraria play-through?
    Flor3nce2456
    Flor3nce2456
    I am already looking into furniture mods, obviously, but anything else anyone recommends?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom