Xbox one I mean...
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:01 AM
  5. Aedan The Borf
    Aedan The Borf
    Oooooooooooooooof
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:01 AM
  6. The Steampunk
    The Steampunk
    I bombed my whole world when they announced 1.3 was coming out, hoping to get a new start. Well, 1.3 didn't come out for another six months. :nursemad:
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:04 AM
  7. Aedan The Borf
    Aedan The Borf
    I have a world. I just build mostly, but it’s endgame
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:04 AM
  8. The Steampunk
    The Steampunk
    I'm in the middle of the mechanical bosses, working on twins.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:07 AM
    Aedan The Borf likes this.
  9. Aedan The Borf
    Aedan The Borf
    I’m just waiting for updates.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM
    The Steampunk likes this.
  10. neoselket
    neoselket
    I think it's because when they're doing the PC updates, they work on it until it's done, and they don't start the console/mobile updates until after that so all the features have been finalized. So basically it takes twice as long for each update(without taking into account bugs and the fact that coding for different platforms is probably very different).
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:50 AM
    Aedan The Borf and TheWorfer27 like this.
  11. The Steampunk
    The Steampunk
    Maybe they should have a separate team working on separate platforms tho.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:53 AM
  12. Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    To clarify, The Console & Mobile development are done by different teams (Pipeworks Studio/DR Studios) Re-Logic itself focuses on PC, and each is constantly in development every day. Getting in content & fixing bugs and other things. There isn't a period of time where Console will wait for PC to finish. They are working to get Console/Mobile eventually caught up to the current version of PC.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:54 AM
  13. The Steampunk
    The Steampunk
    Yes, but by the time we are caught up PC is like a thousand updates ahead of us.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 1:56 AM
  14. Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    It's unfortunate, but it is more difficult for developers to update the console versions of games. On Steam, the developers can update the game themselves. Not just with Terraria, but they have to go through Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo anytime they get a new update for the game, ontop of fixing bugs known in the game, and also exclusive to the platforms which weren't present in PC.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 2:00 AM
  15. Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    There's a long history behind Console & Mobile development with Terraria overall. With the jump from 1.2 to 1.3 in particular. It's difficult to share the whole story in a profile post. Just want it to be clear that the teams are trying to support all platforms Terraria is currently supported on as best they can. It's been a series of challenges, but Re-Logic, Pipeworks, and DR Studios are doing the best they can.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 2:05 AM
  16. TheWorfer27
    TheWorfer27
    The entire code for console was re-written to match that of pcs when 1.3 came out. That naturally took a while to do, but will be beneficial for console updates in the long run. 1.3.1 has hit console now, so feel free to grab a grand design and join the pc players on T-MEC.
    Jun 13, 2019 at 11:35 AM
    Aedan The Borf and The Steampunk like this.