1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Xylia

1. Xylia
    Xylia
    It's mainly about how they seem to expect you to do a lot of dodging but the actual dodge system does NOT work like it does in similar games and sometimes the dodge button doesn't work at all and it seems like they forgot to give your character the mobility she needs to actually dodge stuff that bosses throw commonly.
    Jun 20, 2019
  2. Xylia
    Xylia
    And also how annoying it is to get some HP sponge enemy in your face and have no way of getting out of it other than to go offscreen and come back on (they love sticking such enemies right near entrances to rooms) which also resets their health/makes them respawn.
    Jun 20, 2019
  3. Xylia
    Xylia
    But other than that, been loving it thusfar!
    Jun 20, 2019
    Daikonradish likes this.
  4. InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    I would get it but I’m being very careful with my money and I can’t just spend it on every shiny new game that comes out.
    Jun 20, 2019
  5. Xylia
    Xylia
    I would say that if you liked Symphony of the Night, then it would be a safe buy. But, you could also wait until, like, the Christmas Sale when it might be 15-20% off.
    Jun 20, 2019
    InstaFiz likes this.
  6. Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    At $40 it is expensive for sure, but after having played it for a few days with roughly 27 hours of playtime, It is well worth the price. Especially if you love Castlevania games or Metroid games. It is a Metroidvania similar in genre to Hollow Knight.

I do understand wanting to hold off until a sale for sure as well.
    Jun 23, 2019
    Xylia likes this.
  7. Xylia
    Xylia
    Very much agree with Aurora here! I mean, we paid $40-50 for the original CSOTN and this game has easily way more content than CSOTN had. Easy.
    Jun 23, 2019
    Aurora3500 likes this.
  8. Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    My main nitpick about the game is the inability to attack upwards or downwards. The special moves also feel difficult to pull off. But other than that, I'm also absolutely loving the game. I love how the shard system works, The Castle is feeling very big, and the in-game Bestiary is awesome. I haven't needed a guide at all because of it.
    Jun 23, 2019
  9. Xylia
    Xylia
    They directly ripped off the shard system from Aria of Sorrow, lol. It's a GBA game that was done in the same style of Symphony of the Night and was rather decent! That, and if you'll recall, you couldn't direction attack in SOTN either.
    Jun 23, 2019