Terraria Community Forums

DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Sometimes that, but often the hiatuses are mostly due to campaigns and things dying out, leaving me with a character but nothing to do with them... which oddly leads to me making more characters because i like making characters... but yeah, I've wanted to have fun with a lot of characters for a while but never really have been able to use them anywhere.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Also just never really knowing what or how to join anything, or the thing dying before it even begins, that's also pretty annoying.
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
How about making a story about all of them?
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Tried that, but the funny thing about that is you never really get to mess around with characters the same way you get to in RP's. In stories, everything is pre planned, and as a result characters and things can seem a bit scripted and forced, as often there's exact directions and things you have in mind, with exact point A's to B's. RP's, on the other hand, excel at throwing curve balls at your face.
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Hm...How about you ask SDM about that?
(Last time I checked, he had like...over 100 characters.)
(Then again, don't know if he's a RPer so...Poop.)
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Also my stories are :red: and i dont care how much thought i put into them, and i do put a lot into them, they're still probably :red: and id rather not have people read me and silently judge me forever for how much of a degenerate i am. Still, I hope to get better at story writing, as RP's and story writing each have their own niche's with character development and presentation.
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Hm....
Hey, do you know who Totally not Mark is?
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Also, places are interesting to do too. Setting is just as important. Also the last time i checked I had... way more than that. It takes a lot of people before your world feels like a world, but it's a magical thing when it does. The same with world development, it can take a lot before you can point to places and say "this is here, this happens here, this is this place", but it is so worth it.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Also no i kinda dont know who that is
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Well, he's a Dragon Ball youtuber, who had made a series of videos regarding the concepts of storytelling, while also showing the example with a DB character or something like that, and it's honestly pretty entertaining!
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
I'll give it a look! Still, most of my story writing knowledge comes from TV tropes. I'd advise looking through that place, it's got some extremely interesting stuff!
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Oh cool!
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
I remember Animus showing me multiple pages of it.
Like Mcguffins!
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
You always need more mcguffins for the party to hunt! If you think you have enough, you need more, seriously. Make them all drown in never ending fetch quests.
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
Anyway, I gotta get some sleep since the I've stayed up so long that the sun has long since risen.
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Oh boi.
Good night!
Or uh...Day!
four plus four
four plus four
the :red: did i wake up to
why did you do this on my funny anime dab post
what the :red: is wrong with you
UltiDaniel
UltiDaniel
Sorry...
DoctorMcDerp
DoctorMcDerp
I have no regrets. None at all. No, really, I don't even regret the lasagna incident, that was funny as hell.
Back
Top Bottom