Terraria Community Forums

ppowersteef
ppowersteef
The Pirate NPC doesn't help me against Expert Mode bosses.
Reactions: FlyKip
Dapling
Dapling
I haven't even needed to use the nurse since I had under 10 hours, and at least the pirate sells the parrot pet and the hilarious bunny cannon. Plus the pirate shirt makes a good tux once you dye it.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
In that case, I guess each NPC will have an utility to somebody out there.
neoselket
neoselket
Painter.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Tax Collecter
Dapling
Dapling
Painter is useful for building, Tax Collector is free money and I find myself visiting him rarely enough that I essentially get 10 gold for doing absolutely nothing, no afk farm required. (seriously though paint is a lifesaver when building in a style you wouldn't normally have blocks for...)
Ordinary Orange
Dapling
Dapling
You're joking, right? The cyborg is the only way to get ammo for rocket launchers (which have very high damage, by the way) beyond the weakest variant. Also he sells his vanity around halloween which ends up looking very nice with dyes.
Ordinary Orange
Ordinary Orange
otherwise though, what would you buy from him, the Proximity Mine Launcher? Move the rockets to the Steampunker and hes basically useless.
FlyKip
FlyKip
Yea but @Ordinary Orange the question wasn't "if you remove a group of extrememly useful item from an npc, who becomes the most useless?"
Personally the pirate is the most useless for me, but that's probably because i forget he's around
Dapling
Dapling
Rockets don't really suit the steampunker though, her style is less gas powered and more... steam. Also, I like the proximity mine launcher and nanites are fun for messing with mooks.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
So to get this straight, you see more use of some of the most niche and pure vanity items sold by NPC's rather than been able to heal up in the middle of a boss fight, even when under potion sickness? Or to start with full health after you respawned in the middle of a moon invasion?
Dapling
Dapling
Regen builds are so easy to use that I've never found the nurse's use to be useful for me. I've found a honey bath with a campfire and heart lantern at spawn to be equally as effective AND free to use.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Fair enough, once it's already healing quickly, then there won't be much need for an instant recovery.
There are of course builds or playthroughs out there that focus less on health recovery or defence.
Back
Top Bottom