Terraria Community Forums

Dapling
Dapling
I suppose things that grant buffs should be allowed too. I'll be able to use the life drain that way.
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
A Derpling?! Phew, I'm glad to see I'm not the only Jungle inhabitant in this community.
Dapling
Dapling
Oh, a lihzahrd! It's nice to see one so far outside of your temple for once! Unless you just developed internet strong enough to work so deep underground...
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
We plugged the Lihzahrd Altar into a Wi-Fi box. I don't know why, but it works. Probably because there's powerful energy in it.
Dapling
Dapling
Interesting. I would have thought that you used a separate power source for most of it and that the altar was just part of your security system to protect the lunar tablet. Perhaps the Star in the altar focuses the datastream like an incredibly powerful radar dish?
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
I just checked - Solar Tablets are actually very strong radar dishes.
Dapling
Dapling
Forgive me for asking, but why are lunar tablets so much rarer than solar tablets? We know there is more than one because of how often we've seen the Lunatic break them, but the Derplings have been unable to find any lunar tablets rather than the solar ones. Are they simply stored in a safer place because of the greater havoc they could wreak?
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
By "Lunar Tablets", do you mean the round floating thing that powers up the Cultist?
Dapling
Dapling
Well, it seems the Lunatic doesn't really gain power from them.
It seems the Cultists are trying to use the lunar tablets to create a layer of the Moon Lord seal in order to keep him from returning. The Golem usually fills the final layer of the seal and breaking it causes the Cultists to panic.
Dapling
Dapling
The Terrarian, not understanding, kills the cultists trying to perform this, and causes the Lunatic to try and contain the power all by himself, invariably failing because of how powerful the spirits in the Lunar Tablet are. In the end, He does succeed in adding another layer to the seal, known as the Celestial Pillars.
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Actually, the layers were already filled. Golem was the one thing STOPPING the Cultist.
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Anyway, I think you can't find the Lunar Tablets because you're restricted to the Jungle. (Mind you, so are we!) If you were to look in the Dungeon, you might find what you're looking for.
Dapling
Dapling
Hmm… I wonder if the Cultist's disposition varies by island. We have found irrefutable proof that he generally doesn't mean any harm, but it could be that it was only true in the small sample of islands we gathered data on.
Dapling
Dapling
Also, I thought that the Cultists stole the Tablets from the Lihzahrd? It would make sense for your idol to be the protector of an artifact so powerful as a Lunar Tablet after all, and they only seem to come into possession of the the tablet once Golem has been dealt with.
Dapling
Dapling
The Lunar Tablets could be in a vault within your temple so obscure that not even your kind know it exists.
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
That's impossible, we built our temple.
Dapling
Dapling
But your race is old enough that some individuals could have built the vault and taken a vow of silence.
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Lihzahrd Scout Ω
Good point. Very good point. However, our Solar Tablets would have detected if there were any Lunar Tablets around.
Back
Top Bottom