Terraria Community Forums

neoselket
neoselket
What's COPPA?
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
The Children Online Privacy Protection Act?
Dapling
Dapling
Yeah, basically the new rules are going to have the government analyze if your content is child friendly (the criteria for this are SUPER vague, btw) and if it is you can't make ad revenue, can't have comments on your videos, and can't make community announcements.
Dapling
Dapling
Oh, and you also can't be searchable and can't appear in people's recommended.
BrusselSprouts693
BrusselSprouts693
But if it's NOT child friendly, you get demonitized.
Schparks
Schparks
Bulllllll crap. I need me some good hard Irish swearing.
Dapling
Dapling
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Yaaay Literally Anything About Youtube `-_-
COOKl
COOKl
Ok. Here's what I know. This might be multiple comments. COPPA will fine you for marking your videos for the wrong audience, and not if you mark it correctly. If they think it looks child friendly, and these are people who don't understand current people, they will make it child friendly.
COOKl
COOKl
That means a video with abusive swearing but a title and thumbnail that looks colorful and child friendly could get marked as child friendly, and you would get fined. Child friendly content does the following: People won't get notifications, the video won't get recommended, you can't have comments on the video, you can't livestream, and the video gets 90% less revenue.
COOKl
COOKl
This basically means all child friendly content will be gone, meaning arts and crafts, music (rap included), video games such as terraria, which is 13+, animations such as the odd1sout's whole channel, words such as fun, happy, and free stuff, thumbnails the have a lot of color, and literally any other thing I didn't list that they see as child friendly.
Back
Top Bottom