B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• As I edit my Accessory Expansion suggestion, I keep finding more and more accessories that aren't very good; at this rate, I'll never stop working on it.
    sharkman0101
    sharkman0101
    It's just how things work out with game balance. The more you add, the more difficult it becomes to make certain items fit in, whether it comes to balance or simply being appropriate. I always enjoy reading what other people have to suggest, though; you won't really find me nitpicking balance in-depth for some things anyway. Keep up the great work.
    Hey Bry, have you started on the sprites?
    B
    Bry
    We still have that Conversation, by the way.
    And I've started sketching out visual concepts; I think this'll help me waste less time with the actual spriting process while having somethin' to show for it.
    I haven't drawn a whole lot right now, but I'll show you what I have in a sec.
    Lihzahrd Scout Ω
    Made this for school.
    r2gVE2D.png

Background's :red: because I'm bad at anything that's not character design.
    I think a few more Emote reactions could be nice; these four in particular:
    -_- Annoyed/Dislike
    :confused: Unsure
    o_O Confused
    :red: Welp
    Dapling
    Dapling
    I'm pretty sure that the system we currently have was copied directly from Facebook. They did change their like system to "like, love, haha, wow, sad, and angry" in february 2016 after all. (I only know this because my mom uses that site.)
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Which means that it's irrefutable that the emotes simply weren't designed for it, and the person who did make them (@Jestex) unfortunately passed away a while ago... ;(

...so unfortunately I don't think we're ever getting any new emotes, at least not ones in the same style.
    B
    Bry
    I mean, it's probably possible to replicate his style to a degree. Just, don't know if we should.
    Oh, well, F, I was gonna make a suggestion on rebalancing armors, but the draft decided to not save. That's two suggestions now.
    Yeah, I'm not typing all that out again.

I was literally going to copy the BBCode onto Notepad to save it, too.
    B
    Bry
    The point actually stands even taller now.

There's GOTTA be a way to salvage that draft. The website was able to save it for several days; I refuse to believe it's just completely gone now.
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    Golden Heretic Snakeboat
    A Mystery For The Ages...
    The Storm
    The Storm
    That's why when I go to write lots of text for a website I start writing it in MS word then copy it over to the website and add all the BBCode.
    So how do you all feel about the Forbidden Armor?
    J Bame
    J Bame
    It's ok. It's kinda like a sidegrade of Adamantite armor that trades pure magic damage for the ability to combine Sky Fracture/Crystal Serpent with Spiders. It has a Top 5 set bonus... until you realize it doesn't work at all with any minion at that point since all of them are Iframe generators.

Meanwhile Forbidden Treads may be the best leg slot in the game.
    • Love
    Reactions: Bry
    B
    Bry
    @J Bame. so if it weren't for spiders being spiders, it'd be pretty good?
    J Bame
    J Bame
    yes
    Did you change your profile pic or was already a GIF and I didn't notice?
    B
    Bry
    I literally just changed it.
    Spazmatism7
    Spazmatism7
    Wow! I randomly notice that your profile pic was changed and you had only just done it. How in Terraria did that happen!
    Here's a trio of new spectral sprites.
    O8IGyjX.png
    6gkDTih.png
    B
    Bry
    Aaaaand I didn't even know he edited that.
    This is why I don't like to use Ignore options.
    Did he say anything else that I moronically missed?
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    We will deal with him privately. He won't be able to post here anymore.
    B
    Bry
    I was about to give him my own talking to. Glad you stepped in before that, and many thanks for dealing with it.
    Are you on Discord?
    B
    Bry
    Yes, but I totally forgot Discord existed until just now.
    Spazmatism7
    Spazmatism7
    A discord tag is your username# then four numbers not just the four numbers. does this answer your question in your contact section of the about: "Wwwwhaaaat is a Discord Tag? The # with the four numbers?"
    Man, I've been really wanting to play Risk of Rain with somebody, but I have exactly 1 Steam Friend who owns the damn game, and he's not super into it.
    Anyone here willing? (And also know how to function Online Play? My only idea is to use Hamachi, but this game seems intent on not showing that IP4, so I dunno.)
    B
    Bry
    Oh, half-darn. I'll have to get this figured out.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    I would love to, but unfortunately my internet's not good enough.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    It's really been too long since I've played Acrid, I'd love to revisit that game with either of you.
    Well, after finally learning what the Arch in "Arch Demon" meant, I realized the sprite still didn't fit it, so I upped the bling scale a bit.
    au0bw49.png

I think the wings might be a bit much, but I'll leave it to your guys' feedback.
    Well, I was gonna do a whole thing advertising my Spooky Legion suggestion, since I was gonna add Master Mode content, but I started working on it too late.
    I'm still gonna work on it, but it just won't be done by today.

Also, did anyone else have Halloween plans that fell apart only a few days before today?
    It would be pretty nice if we could save our own personal color palette for Text color. Having the Hex to use any color we want is nice, but I don't wanna have to keep a Text document just to not lose specific colors. Frankly, this bank of sample colors is a lot less flexible.
    B
    Bry
    I'm also probably in the minority, here, since I'm just using colors to make my suggestions look presentable, but it'd still be nice. I see you folks put the Preview button back on the Edit Signature page, so this caliber of change doesn't seem completely out of possibility's realm.
    Anybody got any tips on drawing with perspective?
    I'm doing an assignment that needs it and I am atrociously awful with it.
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    A good practice is to draw a line/ a few lines that shows where the perspective goes.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Meanwhile I'm losing my mind trying to draw a human face (thanks, school, for advertising this class as "beginner level")
    sharkman0101
    sharkman0101
    That's completely fine; most suggestions aren't going to get into the game anyway. The subforum itself is mostly used for sharing your ideas and seeing what others think of it. Most changes that do come from the suggestion forum are imperative quality of life or "oh :red:, why ISN'T that in the game yet?" kinds of suggestions.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    Just because a suggestion is 'mod-like' doesn't mean it's bad. The queen jellyfish boss from thorium started out as a suggestion.
    B
    Bry
    There's a certain threshold I don't wanna break past, though, and that's the point where your suggestion stops seeming like it'd fit into vanilla Terraria.
    Things like Reusing Old-Gen Console Content and A Lively Rain went too far with their ideas and got oversaturated; in A Lively Rain's case... f i s h.
    There's also :red: that was never in the threshold to begin with, like The Galaxians.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom