Dapling
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's out everyone! I finally finished the Derplore Bestiary resource pack! I started working on this in april 2021 so I hope it was worth the wait. Go ahead and click the image if you're interested in downloading it, it'll take you to its steam workshop page.
    thumbnail.png
    Esther
    Esther
    I would say make a thread! Not everyone checks profile posts and this might get buried by others.
    I sadly don't plan on using this pack (though your lore does interest me), mainly because I'm worried it'll interfere with other packs I have (not counting Googlerraria here, that one's obvious), and for a few personal reasons.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    As long as you have it lower in the list than your other resource packs, it shouldn't take priority over them and should leave your other packs alone, though I understand if there's other reasons why.
    Reactions: Esther
    Eye Of Cthulhu 🌳
    Eye Of Cthulhu 🌳
    D E R P L I N G .
    Reactions: Augustulus
    The Storm
    The Storm
    Before making my Vortex pillar buff suggestion I hadn't done any spriting in ages, and I think it turned out ok. (Well I did use a pre-existing colour palette from the Alien queen for them, I'm not great at coming up with my own palette)
    Sciffles
    Sciffles
    These actually look pretty good!
    *ratinggggs!*
    COOKl
    COOKl
    aw you're not going to have me do the art?
    If the cubes turn against us I have a plan to stop them:
    VnkQ1RF.png
    I'm wondering if I should make an extremely biased list of NPCs from worst to best.
    Reactions: Enchanted Sword Ω
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    For me, I end up visiting her when I teleport back and am even a little low on HP. Bosses and events are a different matter and prefer to make use of her services.
    Added: Nothing wrong on using her as, like a crutch, it's helpful when you well and truly need it but not when you over-rely on it.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    I don't use her because I'm creative enough with my equipment/functional building that I end up regenerating my health super fast on my own anyway.
    The Storm
    The Storm
    I always put the nurse in my own room, NO NOT LIKE THAT! at the top of my house with a platform roof yet I end up never using her, she really needs an overhaul.
    Remember that wavebank I said would release in september? Well, needless to say, it's been pushed to 1.4 because I don't want to have to bother updating the thread.

It's been finished for ALL of this time by the way, which proves how truly lazy I am.
    If you look up "Derpling" and go into images, you are the first thing that comes up
    The Storm
    The Storm
    Don't insult your own kind like that.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    "aww look, a normal person and a freaking zombie are in love"

also, neither of them really are leeches…
    Buffling
    Buffling
    Humans don't like leeches, but I have literally seen an advertisement about a person and zombie in love...

It makes more sense as a person and a zombie, but a leech is grosser...

My logic
    Just beat Monolith's hard mode, and holy :red: is that final boss so amazing.

The sound track is amazing... and the attack patterns make for possibly the most intense boss I've ever fought. And the lore implications are extremely deep.
    So I took that one Pokemon Personality quiz… Apparently I'm an edge lord.
    When you kill duke fishron before the first mech boss, but somehow you still haven't killed a single derpling even though your base is in the jungle.
    COOKl
    COOKl
    The Storm
    The Storm
    Derplings do not understand the concept of jokes, they are a very serious race of creatures whos only goal is to derp the most.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Actually, my subspecies of Derpling (Green) is devoted to the memorization of knowledge. This means that I always assume that when someone tells me something, it's simply to add to my records.
    Ok, so it looks like we have 2 weapons which can tell you if you successfully hit an enemy offscreen. The Stardust Cell Staff and the Phantasm. They both fire extra projectiles when you hit an enemy, so it can be good for confirming that you've hit distant targets. Does anyone know of anything else that works like that?
    The Storm
    The Storm
    And using any magic weapon with Spectre armour will have the healing orbs return to you if you hit an enemy.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Well, I meant weapons that make extra projectiles, but the spectre armor thing works too.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    I guess that holy arrows can do the job if you're flying, as the star noises can say you've hit an enemy.
    Question, if you use a dummy engine on a pump, does the outward pump not activate every time? Is it because there's already water on it's tiles?
    Reactions: Camseedood
    Camseedood
    Camseedood
    If you wire it up to the inlet pump and wire the inlet pump to the outlet pump (same colour) then it will work aslong as it is not submerged under liquid
    (I don’t know what will happen then)
    COOKl
    COOKl
    No don't give him advice he's going to use it against me ;-;
    Ok, so here are my ideas for more World goods/evils, if enough people like them I'll make a thread.
    World Evil: Cypher, the vault of secrets. Gimmicks are blinding/deaggroing attacks. Gear is weaker than corruption, and color is navy blue. Has the "Rune" prefix on wood/stone.
    (cont.)
    Reactions: Enchanted Sword Ω
    Dapling
    Dapling
    World Good 2: Haven, the sanctum of legends. Has a theme of more "classical" mythical creatures like gryphons, dragons, and pegasi. Gimmicks tend to vary quite a lot. Gear is stronger than hallow, and color is grey. Has the "Myth" prefix on wood/stone.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    @Face Monster I'm glad you like the Cypher, I have a lot of cool ideas in mind for that one in particular.
    COOKl
    COOKl
    These look cool. I would like for them to be expanded upon, as great things could happen with them. I also think that there should be a hallow themed boss. You might also have stronger mimics for each one as well.
    I've been playing Monolith for a bit. It's probably the most difficult roguelike I've ever played, and it seems really underrated.

(also, the freaking Warden won't stop shredding me within 30 seconds)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom