Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So, I've been uploading a "Last 1.3.6 playthrough" video playlist and apparently someone decided to go through each and every one of them and throw a dislike on the video without even watching any of it. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I'm not upset or anything, but really. Some people have way too much time on their hands. They must be pretty bored to come to my channel just to dislike my videos lol.
    Idly curious if I'm the only gamer around who gets large headaches when playing a new game, I can only theorize that it has something to do with information overload and taxing of the brain to learn all the new stuff.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Probably a lot of information to process at once, maybe? But as you play a game and get familiar with it, your brain knows what it can pay less attention to and what it needs to keep paying attention to.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Meh. Anybody else find it stupid that you get this GIANT text box for replies underneath a profile post, but you still only have 420 characters AND a 10 second wait to post replies? I mean really now.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    I only have this happen when I'm playing on a screen that belongs to someone who doesn't know how to turn their gamma down :p
    I do have this happen when starting a new genre, though. Breath of the Wild being a prime example.
    Hmm. So, 2020, eh? Bleh. Was hoping for the patch to drop and me to do another guide/walkthrough. Ah well, maybe by then, I'll have completed an RL project or two and will have a better setup for doing that anyhow.
    Okay, WHAT web designer at Youtube thought it was SUCH a freaking awesome idea to.. (cont)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Chir'
    Chir'
    Pretty sure that's a setting actually. At least I think you can toggle between the two options.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Nah I looked in settings, didn't see anything. And it was a glitch anyways.
    BrusselSprouts693
    BrusselSprouts693
    Oh god, why do they have the previews stop after a few seconds? Why??
    Welp. Journey's End was said to come out in 2019 and we're slowly running out of 2019, so hopefully that means we are getting close!
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    December, maybe? Who knows.
    Reactions: Xylia
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nods* even if it were december that's only a couple months away.
    sharkman0101
    sharkman0101
    They've actually meant that it was 2019 days before release, not 2019 as the release year. Confusion has been sorted out.
    [NMS]It must be such an insult for two pirates to attack a shuttle that is filled with damage components, including two hull fractures(cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Which is described by its distress beacon as being "so low-fi that you're surprised it survived the trip through the planet's atmosphere" and end up getting killed to that shuttle's lasers. haha.
    Bloodstained is such an awesome game. I have small little nitpicks with it, but overall, I'd have to say I'm very happy with it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Very much agree with Aurora here! I mean, we paid $40-50 for the original CSOTN and this game has easily way more content than CSOTN had. Easy.
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    My main nitpick about the game is the inability to attack upwards or downwards. The special moves also feel difficult to pull off. But other than that, I'm also absolutely loving the game. I love how the shard system works, The Castle is feeling very big, and the in-game Bestiary is awesome. I haven't needed a guide at all because of it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    They directly ripped off the shard system from Aria of Sorrow, lol. It's a GBA game that was done in the same style of Symphony of the Night and was rather decent! That, and if you'll recall, you couldn't direction attack in SOTN either.
    So Starbound 1.4 is here. Woulda been nice if they had given people advance notice, though. The Main FU server was supposed to have (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .....to have events and such that were to be hosted today and tomorrow. Not now, since the update entirely broke the mod. This is why I like it when people tell us in advance, at least a week, when an update is going to be released.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Especially when it comes to a game with a vibrant modding scene such as Starbound, modmakers NEED to know when a major update is about to go live. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it coming out, but a little advance notice woulda been nice.
    Somehow, a 640byte file caused my achievements to reset each time I started the game up and every night to be a blood moon.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Further investigation reveals that the file in question was installscript.vdf .... I wonder what the heck was in that file that caused THAT? Well anyways, it *appears* to be fixed now after I did a steam verify cache.
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    Jesus. That sounds like one hell of a bug.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    What really gets me is that there's nothing *IN* that file that looks like it should cause that. It's mostly for the redist stuff.
    PSA: Firefox users might wanna stick to trusted sites only for the next few hours. A Bug disabled your addons.
    A surprising number of people do not seem to understand how intelligent stoplights work. (cont)
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    I’ve never heard of such a thing.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    We have them around here, and a lot of people probably don't realize it. If you see something that looks like a camera next to the stoplight, it's an intelligent stoplight; it scans for cars sitting at the intersection so that people aren't waiting on nothing.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Another easy way to tell is if you pull up to a red light and nobody's at the other side, it almost immediately turns green for you.
    Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is an awesome game. THAT is a remaster done right. Apparently it was an 8-bit SMS game.
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And they let you switch between modern and retro graphics/sound at the push of a button anytime without even going into menus or anything, even while playing the game if you're ever curious as to how an area looked in the original game, and they kept every single piece of the environment faithful to the original.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    AND, you can even get passwords from the modern game... and I suspect they work on the original version of the game! So you can literally play it on PC and then boot your SMS up if you had one, and input the password and it should work. lol. That's just... genius.
    [Ori] I hate it when they ruin a game by putting something so ridiculously stupid that it tarnises an otherwise nice experience. (cont/rant)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And what's worse... a lot of those jumps ARE RNG DEPENDANT. The falling rocks, the lava geysers, are seemingly random and half of the time I die knowing exactly what to do, but because stuff was mis-timed, I wind up running out of time and the stupid bird hits me. A-freaking-gain. By the time I get back to where I'm stuck on, I'd forgotten what I saw in the split second before all the fire obscures the viewing area.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So yeah, nice game, but crappy mechanics at the end there. Too much insta-death with no checkpoints and too much forced repeating of things you already did.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Made a few more attempts at it, and I'm just as confused. There's like no clues or anything whatsoever that tells you wtf you're supposed to do here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/413970293
    So the last fight in the FFXIV/FF15 collab was simply awesome. That's how you make a fun solo battle without it being dark souls hard.
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The last few solo quest fights in XIV were annoying because they were long multi-part fights that if you failed them, it took several minutes to get back to where they were and you had rather low margin of error with insta-death conditions.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    This battle was fun, wasn't multi-part and although it did have insta-death, I didn't mind repeating the fight because it was fun and interesting and you could get right back into it if you failed.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom