Terraria Community Forums

B
Bry
I may actually start learning C# now just so I can mod this game. I’ll probably never use it after that, and I don’t care; this really does look fun.
The damage, here, increases per bounce, right?
Chir'
Chir'
Certainly looks like it.
Dapling
Dapling
Is melee going to be a genuine option in prehm now? :D
J Bame
J Bame
To Bry: Yes. The Beam doubles in damage after the first bounce, and then it increases by 15% on each following one until it's around 4 times stronger than usual. The Color also changes: Dark Purple with no bounce, normal after the first and then pink when it's maxed out. Visuals matter.

To Derpling: That's the intention, yes
  • Love
Reactions: Bry
B
Bry
Dude you are killin' it with the weapon rebalancing; you make that stuff actually fun.
Reactions: J Bame
J Bame
J Bame
It's so satisfying to make the Shadowbeam bounce and hit for 400 in the Dungeon. Too bad that it is also the only time you can reliably hit the Pink beams, but still.
B
Bry
It's also probably the only time you could even reliably GET to the Pink beams.
Kind of a dumb idea, but maybe the beam could also gain strength from critical hits? That, or after every other pierce when using it above 0 Depth.
J Bame
J Bame
The way I see it, the Pink beam is an indicator that you are maxed out on damage, not something you are supposed to get consistently. This buff is a way to double the damage truly doubling it because now you'll just shoot it at the ground between you and the row of enemies.
J Bame
J Bame
You can choose to do trickshots with it if you want to and now you will be rewarded for it, but that's not what you are supposed to be doing all the time.

That being said, making it grow on every hit is a pretty good idea too and the Pink Beam is too cool to be so limited. I'll think about it, it will call for the first-bounce factor to be nerfed though.
Back
Top Bottom