Terraria Community Forums

yudgefudge
yudgefudge
I mean, there's an absurd amount of yoyos compared to the other three melee weapon types (other than swords).
Most of them fit into progression points that already have been filled.
Like take the Terrarian, or the Malaise, or the Artery, or the Valor. If these four didn't exist, progression would not be harmed at all; there's already weapons for those points.
Ganransu
Ganransu
Well, they could become a separate class considering the number and variety of them
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
Yes they could, but then people afraid of change will say that its a dumb idea. Like, we can take boomerangs and yoyos and make them throwing but then people will cry and scream "mY MeLeE bUiLdS" despite it making sense.
Ganransu
Ganransu
Also, flails might also fall into that kind of class and it feels like the flail subtype needs some love
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
No, flails don't count. They don't leave your hand when used. They're basically maces on a string.

Boomerangs fly.
Yoyos are only attached by a small ring on your finger.
Ganransu
Ganransu
But wouldn't the flail still require you to throw it?
Phenomalix008
Phenomalix008
I love flails. The Sunfury is my go-to weapon as soon as I defeat Skeletron.
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
No, flails require you to swing like you're using a sword, but only with much more force.
Ganransu
Ganransu
Also, maybe throwing would be a viable class if it allowed for a glove based system
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
They're gloves already in the game. There's the Ale Tosser and the Bone Glove. If we expand on them, and convert the two aforementioned weapon types and expand on those too, we'd have a complete throwing class.
Ganransu
Ganransu
And also armor sets. Maybe the final one can allow for multithrowing or something
Phenomalix008
Phenomalix008
They would also have to add hardmode throwing weapons in the first place
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
Alright, you've got me interested. I'm gonna develop this into a full suggestion. And, who knows? Someday I might mod it into the game. Anyone want to help out?
Phenomalix008
Phenomalix008
Sorry, but I don't know how to make mods. Good luck though!
Ganransu
Ganransu
Sadly, I can't since I have zero programming skill whatsoever
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
No, I'm not talking about modding, I mean about making the suggestion
Phenomalix008
Phenomalix008
Oh, sure, I guess

What were your ideas?
Ganransu
Ganransu
Yeah, I'm fine with that
yudgefudge
yudgefudge
Cool! So, what exactly can you help with? Sprites? Ideas? Balancing?
Ganransu
Ganransu
Probably ideas for me
Back
Top Bottom