Leinfors
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have a few questions in total:
    1. Why does Pinky only have 4 stars in the bestiary when the mimic has 5 stars?
    2. Why in the bestiary there is only a golden and ice mimic entry, and no wooden and shadow entries?
    3. Why are there no Spike Slime and Pirate's Curse entries in the bestiary?
    4. Why doesn't the mimic statue discourage the ice mimic on the underground snow biome?
    Do not contact
    Do not contact
    ice mimic is different since it has a different loot-pool
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    1. Red set the Bestiary rarities according to his arcane logic, I do not presume to understand it
    2. Ice Mimics are a different NPC ID than other mimics, and drop their own loot. The other three are the same (Butterflies are also like this, and share an entry)
    3. Spike Slime because its Expert. Pirate's Curse is kinda like a "form" of an enemy.
    4. Dunno.
    Toxophilite [East]
    Toxophilite [East]
    Ah, so King Slime does technically drop the Slime Staff after all... 🤔🍹
    Reactions: MrD108
    Has this content been lost forever?
    Mini-events seems cool!

The True Destroyer
    The True Destroyer
    Fitting it into Terraria would be a lot of work, doing that would pretty much replace absolutely all of the existing stuff. Sure, seasonal stuff is nice, but these few just didn't fit.

(Character limit necessitated second post.)
    TerrariaGeek401
    TerrariaGeek401
    Trust me, those Rainbow Pieces drove me CRAZY during march, especially because they had no sell value
    Do not contact
    Do not contact
    I think there is a mod for this
    Why was the original form of the Desert Tiger attack abandoned?
    Will this attack appear as a new Summon in 1.4.1?
    And was the Tigger originally a Pre-Hardmode weapon? In trailer 1.4, it was used to fight Wall of Flesh.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Yeah but that wasn't its attack, wasn't even a form of its attack. Never was. Just debugging tools. ;)
    MrD108
    MrD108
    Wait, now I noticed what is that note above the player's head?
    JohannSimm
    JohannSimm
    I have to ask: Has the Desert Tiger Staff received any attention in 1.4.1? Or any of the other summon staffs, like Deadly Sphere and Tempest?
    • Love
    Actually, why are Dreadnautilus and Mothron not considered event bosses?
    • Love
    Reactions: Toxophilite [East]
    The Owler
    The Owler
    Guess that's fair, I forgot it was five years ago. :D

And that first thing implies there's more in 1.4.1 and further then I expected. We'll see what's changed/added once that arrives, right?
    The Owler
    The Owler
    And mods are a thing too, to be fair. People can always mix things up and add new things Re-Logic couldn't add, such as the Mothron and yoyo changes I mentioned. tMod for 1.4 will be exciting, I'm sure of it. :)
    Toxophilite [East]
    Toxophilite [East]
    TBH, it wasn't something I ever really thought about until MrD108 said something, but a Bloodnautilus relic would've been a smexy drop. 😊🍹
    1/2 I know this most likely won't be confirmed or denied until the time arises, but a content update, even a small one, would be nice to have on Terraria's 10th birthday. It really only makes sense considering Terraria's 5th birthday had a substantial content update, even if most of the features were for cosmetic use only. And even though Terraria's last update is confirmed to be around 1.4.1,
    • Love
    The Owler
    The Owler
    Fair enough, I did have a feeling you wouldn't give a straight response.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    I mean . . . I literally don't know what the answer is, nor is it my call.

I'm not sure what else you'd want from me . . . "not a straight response" kinda sounds like I'm evading or trying to avoid an answer. I literally don't have one.
    The Owler
    The Owler
    That's sort of what I meant. I guessed you wouldn't be able to answer, in a sense that you couldn't if you wanted to. Not your fault, anyway.

I tried though, perhaps you could discuss it with the team if or when the time permits.
    I was wondering, with 1.4.1 right around the corner, did you find a solution to Broken Hero Sword & its weapon tiers? 🤔🍹
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    You'll have to be more specific.
    MrD108
    MrD108
    I just don't understand what was wrong with Broken Hero Sword & its weapon tiers.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Its too complicated to explain in comments, I've elaborated in more detail in the balance thread.

tl;dr - 1. Solar Eclipse RNG was a problem and 2. TrueEx/NE and Terra Blade being on the same tier was a problem
    I was wondering; what is your personal opinion on whips having stack-able tags to make up for Summoner's low defense? The tag decay time could be increased or decreased depending on how much damage you want the summoner to do.
    Terrablade101
    Terrablade101
    Is there any way that the solar pillar can be nerfed in some way shape or form in 1.4.1? It just feels so much harder than the others.
    A random question: Just found that while most armors and accessories' tooltip use "minion damage", the Summoner Emblem uses "summon damage", is there any difference?
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Nope. Probably just an inconsistency due to having thousands of items.
    Digitus
    Digitus
    Maybe they just tried to change the format.
    felis
    felis
    It sounds likely. Also, personally, I would prefer using "summon damage", as most (if not all) summoner weapons use "summon damage", and as of 1.4, the whips obviously don't look like minions.
    any tips taking on the destroyer in expert mode?!
    i already used daedlus bow(i quess thats its name) but it didnt work out
    i killed him in normal mode easily
    Buffling
    Buffling
    Nimbus rods are key

There’s also an awesome floating box setup that works super well.
    Actually, why are boomerangs in the melee class? Prior to version 1.4, they were a perfect fit for the primary throwing class weapon. Now that the throwable weapons are gone, the boomerangs look like ranged weapons.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    I don't know, that goes back to the very origins of Terraria and Red's vision for it. With only a tiny number of exceptions, Ranged is "stuff with consumable ammo", and Boomerangs are not that. They are non-magical, non-consumable weapons, which fits with what Melee is in Terraria.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    He's always felt of it like melee, ever since the first 100 items in the game, and so it has stayed, and none of us internally have felt the need to gut Melee to fun the already OP Ranged class (or Thrown, for that matter, though it was never so powerful).
    MrD108
    MrD108
    Got it, thank you for the clarification.
    Random question: The skeletron is the disembodied bones of Cthulhu (as of the bestiary), but why the skull is smaller than the Brain of Cthulhu?
    Have you ever thought to sell terraria to another company after 1.4.1?
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Game IPs don't change hands unless a company is doing poorly (IE: about to shutdown due to financial problems) or was bought out by another company. Don't see either happening in the near future.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Definitely not my call, but I don't think ReLogic would sell Terraria lightly.
    AihamKing10
    AihamKing10
    anyway happy birthday i forgot its your birthday until i saw comments down
    Hello, a random question: The merchant sells furnace in the Jungle as of 1.4 update, is this change specifically made for the seed "not the bees!"?
    Reactions: Travlordian01⚡️
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Likely is related to the Bee seed. I actually didn't know he could do that outside of the Bee Seed, but that probably guarantees he'll always sell the Furnace in the Bee world.
    felis
    felis
    @ Techhunter_Talon There are still some other ways to obtain a furnace (though much more difficult/luck based): There are some patches of stone blocks in the lava layer. Also, if you are lucky, you can find enough iron/lead bars in the surface chests (or through fishing, through sky lakes) and craft a Glass Kiln (yes, it functions like a furnace) to smelt ores.
    Leinfors
    Leinfors
    Sounds like it to me, Red tried to catch a lot of the minor loopholes that would render certain things unplayable.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom