Etotheipi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, in my collab world with a friend, we were both rangers, but then I decided to dual ranger and melee, and he decided go completely mage, so now I'm gonna do just melee =P.
    I thought of a potentially viable moon lord strat that probably already exists, if it works. The idea is to set up two teleporters reasonably far apart, so that it's very easy to go between them. Then when you get low you can hop into the teleporters and go back and forth very fast. (Continued below cause char limit)
    Reactions: Kane Schmitz
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    That (hopefully) would make moon lord unable to attack since he's always teleporting, so you can heal comfortable with a valhalla chestplate or something.
    Well me and my friend failed our first attempt at golem, but in our defense I just said "Wanna fight golem" randomly and then we did so with 10 second prep. Also I blasted myself with rockets some more.
    I was wondering why the post-platera dungeon felt harder as a ranger than a mage for a while, until I realized it was probably because I blasted myself in the face with a rocket every 5 seconds.
    Finished the mechs and beat plantera with my friend. Now time to gather mushrooms. Yay fun. Bosses are way easier with two players, we beat the twins 4 times in one night. We also grinded some old one's army, which again, becomes a million times easier with two players since you can just have one at each portal.
    The True Destroyer
    The True Destroyer
    One thing I've always wondered about OOA, since I was always mobile: I know the idea is that you protect the crystal from enemies using Tavernkeep sentries (The Origin in Soul Knight!) but are the sentries integral, or can you just spam regular weapons?
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    Sentries are very very helpful. Once you reach a decent wave you can have like 5 and they kill off all weaker enemies and weaken stronger ones to a one shot. (That being said my expirence with OOA slanted since I've mostly just done it with two players.)
    Whats the chance of getting admanite/titanium from any given catch while fishing at the ocean?
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Are we talking the chances of fishing up a crate, getting admantite/titanium from crates, or both? The only standard crate that's capable of dropping adamantite/titanium ore/bars is the Titanium Crate, which has a 10% chance to drop mythril/orichalcum/admantite/titanium ore and an 18% chance to drop one of the bars. Don't know whether two types of ore can be dropped at once.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Seaside Crates (and AFAIK every other biome crate) have a 1/6 chance to drop any particular hardmode bar, and a 1/14 chance to drop ore.
    Just beat Destroyer with my friend, we attempted skeletron prime but didn't use our player advantage properly. (Our armor is absolutely garbage, molten with mythril hat, since we're too lazy to mine.) We probs should have been in a vc too lol.
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    Ah. Onyx blasters are great, they can one shot lots of HM enemies if aimed properly and you use ichor.
    The True Destroyer
    The True Destroyer
    I mortally hate the Crimson and so I specified for the playthrough to try and get a corrupt world. So unfortunately I don't have the insanely useful Ichor debuff available. :sigh:
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    Yeah I don't really like the theme of crimson. It's a lot creepier/more disturbing than corruption, which is kinda the point, but still. Ichor is worth it though.
    Annd the game continues to troll us, giving us no giant harpy feathers over like 700 kills.
    Well I took a break from farming for a RoD since a friend of mine just got terraria and we started a collab world. So that's been fun. At this point we are probably ready to fight WoF, but we are very very not prepared for hardmode lol.
    I honestly think that I may have gotten a RoD already, and then I accidentally trashed it or it never got picked up. Because according to my (albeit likely wrong) math, there is a only a 4% chance that one hasn't dropped given how many chaos elementals I've killed, and the chance that I would derp and lose a rod is more than 4% for sure.
    Dapling
    Dapling
    or you could have just gotten that 4% chance.
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    Yeah or that. But I have accidentally deleted items. Earlier today I found some shoe spikes, which I was happy about since it was the last item I needed for master ninja gear, but then I trashed it accidentally.
    unknown.png
    I think some bosses just toy with us until they realize "shoot I'm losing I should've tried harder" and then they die. Cause I feel like some of them could do better with the same raw stats if their AI were smarter. Like if moon lord aimed his deathray directly at the player.
    Etotheipi
    Etotheipi
    Maybe if I make a game I'll make the bosses sensible and aim well. I'd have to make some weakness so they actually are beatable though.
    The True Destroyer
    The True Destroyer
    yea. Soul Knight has a boss that actually aims all its attacks in your general direction, and that coupled with the high fire rate and projectile velocity makes it nearly impossible to survive - and it's on the lowest tier of bosses.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    At the end of the day, an unavoidable attack, or attacks, makes for an unfun to fight boss.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom