Ivyss
Ivyss
@SaltyDog No, because there's no "o" for the "of"
Etotheipi
Etotheipi
Or maybe Furbee Bowling Institution.
SaltyDog
SaltyDog
Of doesn't count. Neither does the, or, and and.
Etotheipi
Etotheipi
Shhhhhhhhhh
Ivyss
Ivyss
SALTY, YOU ARE WRONG! ABBREVIATIONS HAVE TO INCLUDE EVERY SINGLE WORD, OTHERWISE THEY ARE INACCURATE!
SaltyDog
SaltyDog
Not exactly. Just nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, and proper nouns.
Buffling
Buffling
USA
Ivyss
Ivyss
USA = United states America
If there is no "of, there is no "of"
AND :red: YOU SALTY, YOU'RE WRONG!
Buffling
Buffling
Ivyss
Ivyss
I just realised I said "If there is no 'of', there is no 'of'", and I mean, there is literally no argument that that would work against that.
SaltyDog
SaltyDog
United States of America. Still USA, not USOA.
Ivyss
Ivyss
SALTY, YOU ARE WRONG! EITHER IT HAS TO HAVE THE O IN THE ABBREVIATION, OR IT DOESN'T HAVE THE "OF".
SaltyDog
SaltyDog
United States America is not a thing, and on the other hand neither is USOA.
Ivyss
Ivyss
Let's just agree that I'm right and you're wrong before the amount of wrong you are makes my headache get any worse.
Buffling
Buffling
Agree to disagree
Unit One
Unit One
@Chir', having a headache is no excuse for treating other members, namely Salty, with such disrespect. Please excuse yourself from this conversation. The forum staff will be in contact soon after a discussion take place.

For everyone else - thank you for not attacking back and keeping your cool. Let's move on from this and get back to Buffling's question, the forum staff will take it from here.
Ivyss
Ivyss
Quite frankly I don't see any point to continuing the conversation anymore, but I will NOT change my thoughts on the topic of the conversation.
Etotheipi
Etotheipi
I find it funny how many vicious arguments often tend to be about the most insignificant things like which words count in an acronym.
SaltyDog
SaltyDog
I know. Me too.
Ivyss
Ivyss
That's the internet for ya.
Back
Top Bottom