Terraria Community Forums

Myangelyohane
Myangelyohane
If you want to use his graphics or coding, feel free to with credit due. He will get back to it when possible, though right now it's still looking like 2+ years.
The Owler
The Owler
I feel like you're purposely making it cryptic.

Has he done something that he regrets, and left out of shame? Did he somehow lose access to his account? Why has he been gone for three years, and why would he allow the information to be misleading whilst not clearing things up? The way you worded it makes it even more misleading.
Senotaki
Senotaki
Omnir's brother here. (which some of you may remember me) What Myangelyohane said is correct.

and while I've been meaning to make an update and get his modpack back up and running but honestly it's... a bit of a task for me, having no real modding background. However, I sort of dropped the ball with that.
%:sigh:
The Owler
The Owler
But the fact that no one wants to give a straight answer as to where he went and why he left in the first place is quite suspicious. If none of you knew where and why he left, you could've told me in the first place.
Senotaki
Senotaki
It's more that, for the time being, he doesn't quite have a computer, and I'm not fond of speaking for other people. I suppose the where and why and furthermore would be left up to Omnir to explain when he comes back.

This was mostly just to inform everyone that he is alive and well, and that if you want to use/update/upgrade his modpack, feel free to.
The Owler
The Owler
So you don't want to tell anyone what happened to him, and instead prolong the time it takes for the knowledge of his whereabouts to be released to the public (assuming he does return at all).

Considering how you're his brother, you should be able to contact him directly with ease, unless of course he also doesn't have a phone. If that would be the case, how would you know that he's alive and well?
The Owler
The Owler
And if you can contact him directly, why wouldn't he simply use his phone to log onto the forums that way and let him speak for himself?

Wouldn't it just be easier to tell the full story instead of warping it to make it seem misleading and/or confusing?
Tibithia Σ
Tibithia Σ
And there's not even a reason to make it vague.
At least a reason could've been disclosed.
The Owler
The Owler
Exactly. Why make it vague instead of telling the whole story in full honesty? Or at least the parts that are important?

No, everything in the story is important now. It's been kept secret for far too long.
Tibithia Σ
Tibithia Σ
I'm not saying that they have to, I'm just saying at least justify the vagueness.
Even if it's a simple "They don't like giving out personal info" then I'm fine.
The Owler
The Owler
I understand that, but I feel like there's something that's been hidden without good reason that should be revealed. If the reason you mentioned was really the case, then I suppose this confusion can end.

At least somewhat.
Kelp
Kelp
With respect to privacy I would like to ask if there's any proof/information you have to add to your claim. @Myangelyohane and also @Senotaki As I do faintly remember you. But I'm not certain. Would either or both of you be okay with sharing some information with me in a private conversation? If not me, then I'm sure I can organise a time with Loki or someone else.
Kelp
Kelp
We should have certain identifying information either on official record or as friends; As several of the staff members were on friendly terms with him.
This is just to protect his content if he doesn't want it shared if he can't confirm it himself using any of his accounts (Discord, email, TCF account, Steam) Just want to confirm.
Senotaki
Senotaki
I can do that, if you would like, @Kelp. I fully understand your worries.
Tibithia Σ
Tibithia Σ
...I'd just like one quick sentence saying why the comments are vague.
Kelp
Kelp
I don't think there's any need to be dramatic about it. It's not really that big of a deal outside of his absense and so-called allowance to use his materials. Probably quite complicated if true and as such is better shrouded in privacy.
Tibithia Σ
Tibithia Σ
And I'm done here. Thanks.
I don't even care about how the explanation itself is vague too.
Kelp
Kelp
Everything said above is more-or-less on track, and it appears to be true that Omnir has given permission if people wish to expand or revamp his modpack. Just make sure to give credit where due. Staff have confirmed the facts
Mihn
Mihn
Neat, just wondered how Omnir is doing and came across this, thanks.
rwm8558
rwm8558
The OG. I hope everything works out for him.
Back
Top Bottom