GawenStarTeller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The way that the wind is blowing as displayed on weather channels is actually a fabrication to distract you from reality. It's scientifically proven that it moves in the direction opposite to the one you're walking, at all times, particularly in winter. Trust me, I'm an expert.
    yo why are all of the cool patterns and pretty colours only on the inside of most rocks, for some reason
    Reactions: RavageTheSavage
    Chir'
    Chir'
    Ok but why is it that with clothes, it's the outside that looks more comfortable than the inside?
    InigoGollum
    InigoGollum
    I have two pairs of socks that are way more comfortable inside-out. The pattern is just uncomfortable worn normally.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    @Chir' Probably because they design them to look all smooth and nice on the outside and put all the seams and stuff on the inside.
    I hate how all fictitious works with nice, wholesome, conclusive endings make me think nowadays is how awful the state of the world seems to be progressing in comparison.
    I feel like the fact that everyone is pushing excessively for open world gameplay is really killing the amount of enjoyment I've been able to get out of videogames, and maybe it's the same for others with OCD. The misconception that "more open" = BETTER is beginning to grate on my nerves. Not everything has to be Breath of the Wild.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    Honestly, not completely the same thing, but that's why I didn't enjoy Super Mario Odyssey until speed-running it.
    It has this weird collectathon, where it has a bunch of collectibles (like the Korok Seeds in Breath of the Wild) but at the same time presents them as really important main objectives (like the Power Stars in 64 and Galaxy)
    It's really annoying when you are somewhat of a completionist.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    On a different note, as a starting Game Designer, a huge issue comes from the implementation as well.
    And doing it right is a pain. You have to make sure the world is memorable, filled to the brim with stuff while not overwhelming you, that it guides you in a way that is neither missable nor blatantly obvious. Seriously, just reading up on how Breath of the Wilds development went shows what a monumental task that is.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    I thought for a while about Open World Pokémon before Arceus was announced. The Pokémon World feels like such a great world to explore, at the same time, I feel like the two game styles will clash a lot.
    (Sorry for just suddenly appearing uninvited and dropping a wall of text, as a Game Designer I find the topic very fascinating!)
    So, am I the only one who just isn't fond of Minecraft's new world generation? This applies to some of the more refined things that they haven't recently been testing within experimental mode, like the new cavern generation, too. Don't get me wrong, I thought that Minecraft's underground needed an update, and the new stone variants and cave concepts are fantastic, but...
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Personally, I feel like they're too extravagant now. It isn't long before you a cave that's literally endless, and overall they're way too enormous - basically impossible to fully explore and light up, with even more open air than the Nether.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    They're also simply created with noise maps, leading to instances that are super obviously artificially generated, as well as massive, unnatural cave entrances that cut through perfectly smooth terrain like something out of a chunk error. They completely obliterate rivers when they collide with them.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    And this isn't even mentioning the biome generation changes they've been testing in experimental mode, which has removed any sort of refinement the dev team has been perfecting for years and replaced terrain with a sloppy, rugged noise map with random holes in the ground, varying elevations and no consideration for when a slope might be too high or too low. It reminds me of something out of alpha, even indev.
    I swear it'd be a lucrative business decision if Lego just rereleased legacy Bionicle products at this point. I'm absolutely certain they could make a profit off of original fans that desire unopened sets, and there's probably plenty of younger people in the newer generations that would be intrigued by them.
    Yeah, so can with stop this toxic stigma where dogs are infallible godsends whereas cats are all regarded as unappreciative :red:s? I get it. You love your puppies. But animals are individuals. A cat can be sweet, just as a dog can be an annoying, aggressive, drooling mongrel with no respect for human life. Cooper was the greatest angel I knew, and I'm so glad to have grown up with him.
    For everyone who noticed my previous status about Cooper, I'm devastated to report that his Kidney Disease is terminal. There's a chance he could still live quite some time with medical assistance, but I'm dubious and I'm not even sure we have the funds. If we'd caught this earlier, it could have been eradicated, but it's too late.
    I know that this is incredibly out of the blue right after one of our cats, Sassy, had to undergo surgery to remove a tumor in her back, but one of our other cats, Cooper, was just diagnosed with Kidney Disease. Please pray for him. He's the personification of innocence and doesn't deserve this.

20210403_214845.jpg
    I love how ever since I've been active on the internet I've seen multiple people describe the tingling of skin when a part of your body falls asleep and the blood flow returns as a "static-y" sensation, but when I was young and didn't have any other words to assign to it, my parents never understood.
    I don't really consider myself to be a racist individual, and I hope this status isn't perceived as such since it's mostly just a joke, but it always bothered me how on the Simpsons, the majority of the white people are yellow, and yet African Americans just remain brown/black. Like, they could be shaded some other similar pigment, like purple or something, idk
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    To be fair, I don't really know that actual reason since I don't frequently watch the Simpsons, but it's just something that always puzzled me. I just figured the Simpsons being yellow was sort of a design choice referencing childhood drawings, when younger people would resort to using yellow because they couldn't find a crayon that resembled white skin.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    The truth is out there! `:D
    Tibithia Σ
    Tibithia Σ
    I thought it was to catch the eye of channel hoppers.
    the FANDOM company is a plague that needs to be erased
    I don't know which colour on the Green Lantern emotional spectrum personifies me the most, but it definitely isn't willpower lmaooo
    FederalGoose
    FederalGoose
    I have the willpower to ignore deadlines and go back to sleep
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom