GawenStarTeller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• i don't get uncomfortable when african americans use the n-word because i'm white and i'm envious that i can't say it, i get disturbed because the n-word is racist
    Tibithia Σ
    Tibithia Σ
    I only get disturbed if it's used incredibly frequently.
    Like in To Kill a Mockingbird.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    It's hard to phrase these sorts of things out a paranoia that it'll be received as controversial, but I guess I've just conditioned myself to physically cringe at its usage because of how offensive it is, regardless of the circumstance. And that's always been the case, I feel like that's relatively normal. So it displeases me to see some people say it so frequently, independent of race.
    Champion Greninjoid
    Champion Greninjoid
    The way I see it, people in a group can use slurs attributed to that group. Which isn’t to say I’d use it, which I wouldn’t, since I’m not a part of that group. But I don’t mind it as much when an African American says it rather than someone who’s not.
    Did it ever bother anyone else that at the end of the film adaption for Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, Dumbledore is bold enough to taste one of the Every Flavoured Beans, and almost immediately concludes that it's earwax flavoured? Almost as if, for whatever reason, he'd tasted earwax before? it keeps me up at night
    This is sort of a rhetorical question because I'm basically just exasperated at this point, but what reasonable explanation does Russia have to take over Ukraine in the modern age when they're already the biggest country by land distribution and any of their civil issues could be solved through diplomatic trading and structural improvement?
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    If we want to go into detail about it, it's to prove that Russia is still relevant on a global scale... America especially has downplayed Russia for a while now...
    Furthermore, there has been an agreement with the NATO to not expand further towards Russia... Ukraine joining, or even receiving protection (I might be wrong with the precise details) is technically breaking that agreement...
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    Overall, it's still dumb to risk a global war about it...

But please, don't hurt yourself because of it. Nothing is worth inflicting self harm. And there are still people that care about you... Just as you worry about your parents...
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Soooo basically the only "reason" that Russia would have for invading Ukraine is because Putin is insecure about NATO making a move on the country, which they would only have plausible cause to do if Russia did something shady, such as... invading Ukraine. Wouldn't call that a sound excuse, but it's incredibly obvious at this point that they have literally no explanation to do this except to be :red:s.
    to the patches of ice that my shovel gets caught on while shoveling snow: :red: you
    I kind of want to be optimistic about the quality of Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I can't stop myself from being cynical because it follows the consistent trend nowadays of open world games being hyped for the sake of being open world. wow i'm a broken record at this point
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Those elements make the game a lot more interesting in my opinion. ->
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    That said I still don't plan to play it myself since I still have several other JRPGs from last year that I've still been meaning to finish (Tales of Arise and Shin Megami Tensei V). I am interested in hearing from others who play it on how good it is and from what I've heard, impressions have been pretty favorable. ->
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Other than that I agree that a game being open world isn't enough on its own to make me interested in it or get hyped for it.
    Come to think of it, if eyebrows weren't a thing that were present since birth and they only started growing once you hit puberty, it might be customary to shave them.
    This toothpaste will leave you mouth tasting minty fresh! But it'll also make everything else taste horrible.
    Reactions: Champion Greninjoid
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    That's why meals tend to be hours apart. You're not supposed to eat shortly after you brush your teeth and it takes an hour or two for that taste to leave your mouth depending on how well your rinsed out your mouth.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I mean, for me everything tasting terrible after having brushed my teeth only applies to beverages. Food consistently has its taste unaltered and dissipates the mint flavour.
    too many of my depressive mood swings have resulted in thoughts of self harm lately
    Open world games are cool and immersive and all... that is, until you find yourself having to scour the incomprehensibly massive landscape searching for tons of ultimately useless collectibles.
    "Political" and "cartoon" are two words that shouldn't be found in the same sentence. It's depressing to see people attempting to force their toxic political agenda on others utilising such a visually innocent art style.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    Disagree. Toxic people will be toxic regardless of politics, and art of any form has been used for political criticism for a long time...

The issue is seeing politics as necessarily toxic. Political debate used to be less divisive where I'm from, although it is now, which in itself is depressing...
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Doesn't help there's a very toxic relationship between the two major political parties over here in the US. Won't go into more detail than that.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    The worst part is, the whole stuff in the US didn't make it easier for the rest of the world either. The two party system of the US causes a world of extremes, and while it's not nearly as bad here as it is there, it had it's impact on how people here see the world. The global Pandemic doesn't help.
    What's the point of tolerating existence if nobody is attentive towards your strife? If everyone is so inconsiderate of everyone else's feelings that someone close to you could literally die and others will still schadenfreude all over you, ignorant to your plight to be treated respectfully as a human being?
    insensitive people rushing to put unnecessary spoilers in their youtube thumbnails when a new game is released be like
    b4dd78266b7af0d57fb036d92d5cad2c.gif
    The most important statistic in a Bethesda open world game is whichever one increases your carrying capacity.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Increase stamina and then become capable of supplying an entire army with weapons, armor, and food. :p
    ever just post something but not actually respond to anyone who comments on it because you're a hopelessly lazy degenerate
    Yoop90-
    Yoop90-
    Yes
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    Kind of relatable, but in my case it usually happens because I forget to/don't know how to respond, ending up in many different responses piling up from various people, making it so I either respond to some but awkwardly leave others hanging or don't respond to anyone, because no damn way am I responding to 30+ messages on 1 post
    Yeah, so can we please retire the Battlepass monetization format that's implemented in every videogame nowadays? I get it. It's profitable as a business model; that's why it's popular. But you basically have to devote all of your time to them, or else exclusive content is lost to you forever. I have other things to do, and other games to play.
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    Rather than actually putting thought and care into updates and making the game more and more fun to play, it's a lot more simple to make some limited-edition skins and call it a day. The inner greed of players (especially competitive multiplayer gamers) will keep them in the grind.
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    MagicasquirrelTMT
    This system infuriates me on another level, however, since unlike physical content, digital can be distributed to everyone without anyone being at loss, since it's just lines of code compared to actual limited resources. Putting restrictions on skins and such is just... Extremely disgusting in my eyes.

Pardon me for the triple post. Character limit.
    Sigmund Froid
    Sigmund Froid
    It's really disgusting, especially as someone who wants to get into Game Dev, just the thought of this being the norm annoys me to no end...
    It's already annoying enough when it's free, or rare occasions (like Pokémon did for eternities already...) but when it's basically your entire strategy... It's honestly sad.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom